Shooting Chrony?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yaworski

Bearcat
Does anyone know what happened with that company? I can't find any articles about their closure, almost as if the gun press wants to forget that they existed.

dannyd

Hunter
They have disappeared; rumor is they closed their doors. I switched to Competition Electronics DLX after I shot my last Chrony.

31BFA227-A461-4753-8773-10DBE17FFC6D.jpeg

Yaworski

Bearcat
However, my question remains, what happened and why is there nothing in the gun press? Ok, that's two questions.

dannyd

Hunter
I got that; google about Canada businesses because about 3 years they fell off the face of the earth. ;)

v35

Bearcat
Does anyone know what happened with that company? I can't find any articles about their closure, almost as if the gun press wants to forget that they existed.

I still have mine with all its original instructions, price list, box, etc, so if you are asking because you need help using one let me know.

Chief 101

Hunter
I have an old Pro-Chrony that works well but it needs new diffuser screens. This thread prompted me to do a search and I found this above site.

dannyd

Hunter
I imagine it's downfall could be attributed to Labradar and bluetooth. Units with ether technology are easer to use.

Chief 101

Hunter
"I have an old Pro-Chrony that works well but it needs new diffuser screens. "
I made replacements using chopsticks and strips cut from milk jugs.
That's what I needed to know Mo. What to make diffuser screens out of...tanks

rugerjunkie

Buckeye

These look close to the shooting chrony screens. If the rods or screens aren't exactly the same size , it would be a simple fix to make them work. I'm going to try them next time I need to place an order with Midway.

Chief 101

Hunter
I talked to the people there last week and they said they were the right screens and have a set on the way...we will find out soon I hope.

Chief 101

Hunter
I just got my new screeens from Pro-Chrony today. I use mine mostly for Archery...and slingshots. I do have a new caliber to work on 32-20 so I will be using it for that. I find that my Magnetospeed isn't good with the arrows or rocks, but works with the Mod 92 even if it is 120 yrs old. When the weather condition are good(no wind) I like the tripod mounted chrono.

Latest posts