Shoe liners for hurting feet.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41Dude

Single-Sixer
Somewhere along the way I have managed to gain a bunch of weight since high school.

The doctor said get out and do some walking, eat better, exercise, yada yada. (I am starting to hate her ;) )

Was having trouble getting started because my feet would hurt. Tried a bunch of different liners. Some too hard some too soft.

These are a winner. Good support. Nice cushion to stop heal pain. They are worth a try if you are having same issues.

Now if I can just stay away from chocolate chip cookies :(
8885359048_Support_HeavyDuty_M_01-LookPeek.jpg

41Dude

Single-Sixer
Only problem is if the boots I have are actually the right size then sticking those cushions in makes them too tight. And I only wear boots.

It was suggested to me to go up one size. Have gone up one size on walking shoes, tennis shoes, and boots. The liners are a bit thicker but going up one size worked nicely for me.

It sucked retiring expensive boots though.

Somewhere along the way I have managed to gain a bunch of weight since high school.

The doctor said get out and do some walking, eat better, exercise, yada yada. (I am starting to hate her ;) )

Yep I have the same problem with the weight gain. My Cardiologist a skinny Indian Doc and my new skinny Chinese Internal Medicine Doc both told me to get out and walk exercise more and eat better less carbs. Notice all the good stuff is high in carbs.
Now I'm looking for a fat Doc. The one I had before was fat and never talked about weight. Shame he retired. :) :) :)

Last edited:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Take two cookies with you every time you go for a walk.... Eat one at the first 30 minutes and the second one 30 minutes later. If you make it home after a full hour walk, do it again the next day.
I'm not a doctor, and don't play one on TV but I just made that advice up; and may try it myself...!! Good Luck and keep walking.
J.

Achigan

Single-Sixer
On the weight loss side, I hit 250# last December. It was my highest ever at 72 years old and 6" even. I tried the intermittent fasting. I don't eat til noon and don't eat after 8:00 pm. First couple weeks were a little tough, but quick results helped me stay with it. I'm at 215-220 now and average 10,500 steps a day. My genetically bad feet are protected by Red Wing boots with the "King Toe" and thick socks.

Take two cookies with you every time you go for a walk.... Eat one at the first 30 minutes and the second one 30 minutes later. If you make it home after a full hour walk, do it again the next day.
I'm not a doctor, and don't play one on TV but I just made that advice up; and may try it myself...!! Good Luck and keep walking.
J.
Not to bad of an idea, but...average person walking might burn about 110-120 calories per mile. Depending on the cookies
and how fast you walk it might wash out? If they were good cookies you better just eat one every hour.
Seeing Jim's post above I have a fat doctor story.... Leaving off a bunch of details... My cardiologist has me do at least once a
year a max effort stress test, basically go until you think you might die and quit when you need to. This usually also creates
a fair amount of stress on the tech running the T-mill and the waiting ultrasound tech. A Bruce protocol test usually involves
7 levels. The techs get worried when an old guy gets north of about level four and heart rates gets in the 160 range. This time
they went to grab a cardiologist at about 15 minutes into it. Young FAT doc wearing a Yakama waddles in and proceeds to look
at the EKG trace then sits down a plays with his phone. I got through the 21 minute mark and quit with a heart rate in upper 170s
and my lungs on fire. He made some sarcastic comment about effort and taking it easy. I suggested seeing as he was half my
age he get his fat ass up there and show me how it's supposed to be done, he turned a bit red but said nothing and started to walk
out, between gasps for air I may have suggested he wasn't much of a model for coronary health and called him a porky ^&*%.
Usually about the 19-20 minute mark I keel over, so was feeling really good about making the 21 minute cutoff and didn't
appreciate his comments. Asked the techs to go get him as I wanted to apologize for being rude...no way, not happening ... turns out
all the staff hated the guy.

As always...first figure out WHY YOUR feet hurt!
Once armed with that information start trying stuff to help.
I'd like to a have a single penny for every $100 spent on shoe inserts
currently laying unused on closet shelves or thrown away as useless
over the last few years.
My feet feel better just thinking about the cash I'd have.

Chief 101

Hunter
As always...first figure out WHY YOUR feet hurt!
Once armed with that information start trying stuff to help.
I'd like to a have a single penny for every $100 spent on shoe inserts
currently laying unused on closet shelves or thrown away as useless
over the last few years.
My feet feel better just thinking about the cash I'd have.
That extra cash will weigh you down so you can lose more weight on the next walk...and you can then buy a lighter carry pistol...

Reactions: KIR
A good insert can make a huge difference. One brand that I can highly recommend is Protalus. Not cheap but for me they do a much better job than those like Dr. Scholl's or others available in local stores.

Another point to consider is shoe width. You would be surprised at how many people have wider than normal feet yet never think to order shoes in other than a normal width. Getting a wider shoe an make a world of difference in comfort.

JBP

Single-Sixer
Only problem is if the boots I have are actually the right size then sticking those cushions in makes them too tight. And I only wear boots.
If you are going to use inserts get your boots 1/2 size larger and also increase the width. My shoe size is 8 5 EEE. I always buy 9 4E.

I 2nd the comment, find out the real reason why your feet hurt. No point in guessing, that just causes other problem and maybe delay pain free feet. I speak from experience; I waited too long. I lost out on a normal lifestyle for about 2 years from painful foot pain when walking.

Was having trouble getting started because my feet would hurt. Tried a bunch of different liners. Some too hard some too soft.

These are a winner. Good support. Nice cushion to stop heal pain. They are worth a try if you are having same issues.

Now if I can just stay away from chocolate chip cookies :(
View attachment 34003
My doctor told me the same thing. I walked to the end of the road, 2.5 miles, stopped at the local Mom & Pop store had a burger & fries and pie for dessert and then walked home. That walk just built up my appetite.