Senility is Not a Trait I'm Proud Of.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Saw this gun on a local forum. Figured since I don't happen to have one of these right now, I'd buy it.

P1000093.jpg

When I offered to buy it, the guy said he guessed he could sell me the gun back. I had sold it to him 2 years ago. :oops: :oops: :oops:

WAYNO.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Wayno - Don't feel too bad, let me tell you what slipped by me this past weekend. A stainless 44 Special 4 5/8 Flattop with serial number T510-910xx. I read the RENE Reference and went to my car twice to read the value sheet and missed seeing that only 30 were made. If I'd read that I would have bought it for $450!! :!: The real problem is I'd seen that gun before and knew it was something "Special". Oh well, maybe it will turn up again. I did bring home an M77R 243 Flat Bolt with killer wood. (Pics soon in the Rifle section).

AlanJ65

Single-Sixer
Just don't let the wife find out. She may start selling your guns and telling you you never had them in the first place.

americal

Hunter
WAYNO said:
Saw this gun on a local forum. Figured since I don't happen to have one of these right now, I'd buy it.

P1000093.jpg

When I offered to buy it, the guy said he guessed he could sell me the gun back. I had sold it to him 2 years ago. :oops: :oops: :oops:

WAYNO.
This is ONE reason I like this place and its folks that is so :lol: but we have all pulled simular deals :!: HEY its part of the fun of Rugers---IF you can't tell on yourself and give us all a grin ---THANKS WAYNO--a person needs to find another hobby or whatever :p its a part of this DIEASE----------------------

rdf009

Single-Sixer
Too funny!

It's amazing how guns can resurface over time.

There's a NM Super Blackhawk IHMSA 1 of 500 floating around somewhere that I have sold not once, not twice, but THREE times at my auctions. A few months after I sold it the third time I was browsing around on gunbroker and saw it listed there! I was tempted to buy it just for kicks and giggles, but the price was a little steep.

Dregg

Single-Sixer
Funny story.
That's what happens when you have a lot of something. You tend to sell, and buy again !

Only gun I passed on that I'm kicking myself for now was a Ruger Security six 4" stainless. It was a buddy of mine who was terminally ill. I passed because funds were tight at the time. I could've made a better effort to purchase it.

Sal1950

Blackhawk
WAYNO,
IMHO when old guns (or friends) find their way back to your home, that's nothing to be concerned about.
When YOU can't find your way home, that's the time to worry.
LOL
Sal

chutch

Bearcat
Getting old is rough. I got to the range yesterday morning, pulled a S&W 24 out of the bag...no 44 special in the ammo box. Ok took out some 38 special and no Model 14 in the bag! :roll: I did manage to get there with 45ACP and 357 Mag guns and ammo to match, so all was not lost!

gc70

Bearcat
WAYNO, think of it as being able to experience the joy of buying the gun twice!

Yes, I have also repurchased a gun that I previously sold.