S47 with a funny looking grip frame.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
I thought this was a polished up brass frame but it appears to be a gold coated steel frame with some of the finish polished off.....got this at the Sioux Falls South Dakota show last Saturday while I was sitting with my good friend Jerry......14 hour trip one way,hotel expenses $400, trip expenses $250, misc expenses $200.....sitting with my friend for two days PRICELESS :D :D :D

Did someone make these or did someone just paint it up...it is a fairly early gun 10888 ? Do stock steel frames have any marking because this one has not one marking....it fits the gun as good as a factory frame too....RR

eR9GW5D.jpg

wnDP5WZ.jpg

Jjg7Kse.jpg

l7Ebd8R.jpg

jrLjJ8F.jpg

most likely an electrolysis process ,used to have a guy at the gun shows years ago, who did metal parts, I even have some Colt flat screwdrivers he did for us made them look "gold plated".........not sure what marks may be on the super blackahawk "steel" frames as the aluminum ones it was casting marks, like that of Alcoa, with the XR-3

also I recall that Ruger even tried to "Plate"?? their brass frames that were defective and ultimately scrapped out, they had the brass "over coated" with the 'yellow' finish that is on special, high speed drill bits???? not sure what is was called, BUT it would not ,will not , polish off....we had one from Wes D., he got years ago that was plated like that,,, hard as the hinges to the gates of Hell 8) :roll: :wink:

Dan; Titanium Nitride I believe

rugerguy said:
also I recall that Ruger even tried to "Plate"?? their brass frames that were defective and ultimately scrapped out, they had the brass "over coated" with the 'yellow' finish that is on special, high speed drill bits???? not sure what is was called, BUT it would not ,will not , polish off....we had one from Wes D., he got years ago that was plated like that,,, hard as the hinges to the gates of Hell 8) :roll: :wink:

ndruger

Single-Sixer
Was the best part of the trip for me, glad you enjoyed it also. It's one of best Dakota territory shows, 6 hour drive for us.

Latest posts