S47 Kismet

Help Support Ruger Forum:

44Squatch

Single-Sixer
Quick Story … Fall of '21 I was at a show in Medina, Ohio, and Rugerguy had a gorgeous non-prefix Super with a plum grip frame and with the original paperwork, numbers matching box and numbers matching shipper. The full package, and that's the way it came to him. Why I didn't buy it right away, I'm not sure. I don't fully recall, but the gun may have been converted and without parts, and maybe that's why I didn't. But still, I didn't.

So I figured I'd walk the show, chew on the potential purchase, and go back to his table. Well, I think it's fair to say we've all walked away from something only to go back and it be gone, and that's exactly what happened. But the purchaser didn't want the box and shipper, only the gun, so Dan put the boxes under his table in anticipation that I might want those (very kind of him). So I bought the cardboard package from him and kicked myself for a long time (in fact, I kicked myself until this past Fall when I passed on a real nice T514 with the muzzle brake he had, and me kicking myself for not buying that from him took my mind off the Super).

Fast forward to this past weekend at a show in Warren, Ohio … there sits a beautiful converted Super at a table (not Rugerguy's). I made an offer that was fair but taking in account conversion money, and of course the seller didn't understand what a converted Super was, so he was asking full value. So I left to walk the rest of the show (you'd think I'd learn my lesson by now), but as I was walking I was bothered by the serial number, but couldn't figure out why. I went back, had some serious negotiations, and walked out with it. Probably overpaid a smidge, but because it was that nice and non-prefixed I figured "screw it" (some wise man on this forum once said you're only paying too early … might have been Radical). But the serial number really bugged me, and I told my DaD and Dan about this eating at me, but none of us really put one and one together.

I got home and sure as a bird sh*ts on a newly washed car, in a safe was the numbers matching box and shipper that I bought over a year ago. 75 miles away and 15-16 months later the package was put back together. Number 19024 is resting in its factory bed again. Weird how things sometimes work out.

Now I have to find a parts kit …

yessir ,good things do come to some that wait, and I was hoping we could have gotten it for a better deal Saturday but he was locked on it, even had Kerm give it a shot, no go.......... but when do you get the "whole enchilada" ( package, box ,papers and the outside shipper), numbered ALIKE !!
Auntie Laura was proud of you..........(y)(y)

Jussbad, he just does not want to have to come over here and see Auntie Laura,,,he KNOWS I got the parts here............. :cool:.:rolleyes:

....and you know how I am, I would enjoy making that S-47 whole again, she deserves it.;)

Last edited: