Rusted SR1911-Ruger will not....edited...did replace my 1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerFan1911

Bearcat
New replacement 1911 shipped today. I should have it in 2 days.
Ruger paying all costs including FFL fees.

Can't ask a company to do any more...and one of the reasons I own
3 Rugers and would recommend them to anyone considering buying one.

revhigh

Hawkeye
RugerFan1911 said:
Can't ask a company to do any more...and one of the reasons I own 3 Rugers and would recommend them to anyone considering buying one.

What are you gonna do if this one rusts too ? :D

REV

mapwd1702

Bearcat
My new one is still rust free, I did put some polyurethane on the back of the factory grips though just to be sure.

mapwd1702

Bearcat
I did notice that they put on the letter that they are providing a replacement gun on a one time basis, so if your new one rusts, you are screwed. At least according to the factory!!

revhigh

Hawkeye
mapwd1702 said:
I did notice that they put on the letter that they are providing a replacement gun on a one time basis, so if your new one rusts, you are screwed. At least according to the factory!!

Not surprised at that ... Especially if they already know they have an endemic problem.

REV

skipper49

Single-Sixer
As I've already stated, I've got two of the Ruger 1911's, built a couple of years apart, that are both terrific and totally rust free. If I WAS having trouble, I'd be distressed like some of you are. Ruger has excellent customer service and bends over backwards to satisfy their customers.
Having said that, it's a gun. If you buy one(any one) and you don't like it, or it has problems that are not resolved to your satisfaction, sell it and buy another gun. That is very easy, and we'll have far fewer ulcers that way. I say all this, as a worry wart myself, but at almost 65 years of age, I'm TRYING to do better! :lol:

Skip