Ruger Zytel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Yes , they were made blued in the 264. Around the time of the 50th anniversary. There was a stainless 264 with an engraved 1 of 1000 anniversary floor plate if I'm remembering correctly.

Without some digging into some info , I can't remember if they were a distributor run or not. A lot of these were done at the end of the skeleton stock production to clean up inventory when Ruger was switching to the new synthetic stock. The 7mm-08 was done in blued but I don't know if there were any stainless.

The skeleton stock was pretty unpopular at the time and they about gave them away. A lot of people are wishing now that they bought a truckload of them!

hittman

Staff member
RENE may have your answers ….

Jac43

Bearcat
You're not kidding! When I saw how much these are currently selling for it surprised me given how everyone considered them trash back in the day.
Yes , they were made blued in the 264. Around the time of the 50th anniversary. There was a stainless 264 with an engraved 1 of 1000 anniversary floor plate if I'm remembering correctly.

Without some digging into some info , I can't remember if they were a distributor run or not. A lot of these were done at the end of the skeleton stock production to clean up inventory when Ruger was switching to the new synthetic stock. The 7mm-08 was done in blued but I don't know if there were any stainless.

The skeleton stock was pretty unpopular at the time and they about gave them away. A lot of people are wishing now that they bought a truckload of them!

rugerdczr

Blackhawk
They made a 7mm/08 in Stainless I had one in the ultra lite only one I ever saw, Sold it about 5 years ago for $4250.00 when people were going crazy buying them for insane prices. I got three Ruger No 1s out of it!