Ruger SR9 what version to buy?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

keith81

Bearcat
Looking to pick up an SR9 to go with my compact. I was wondering if its worth it to pick up a new one with with the the updated mag release and takedown lever. Has anyone shot both and noticed any real difference in the trigger? I've seen a couple of the older ones going for the low 300's on gunbroker but don't wanna get stuck with a rough trigger.
Thanks for the help!

bada61265

Single-Sixer
if it were me id want to know first if they were recall guns or if they had been sent in for the fixes. more than likely id pass on the older version.

letsGOphills

Bearcat
how can you tell the difference between old and new ones? im a new guy and have been looking at a sr9 since i got my p93 and would like to avoid any known issues.

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
Hardly an expert, but I did buy a new SR9 a few months ago. I believe the "newer" SR9s with the D-shaped mag release are different than the earlier SR9s. If I recall correctly-too lazy to go upstairs to the safe-my SR9 is serial #331-### and 331 and after are good to go with the Glock-like trigger. My friend bought an SR9 when they first came out with issues, mag release. I'm sure someone can give you more precise info. The Ruger SR9 recall notice (on-line) states that serial #330-30000 and higher have been manufactured with the new (retrofit) parts.

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
letsGOphills said:
how can you tell the difference between old and new ones? im a new guy and have been looking at a sr9 since i got my p93 and would like to avoid any known issues.
A simple answer would be the difference would be the trigger, that is, the retrofit (new) trigger is like the Glock trigger with the blade within the trigger.