Ruger Single Seven 327

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cal44

Bearcat
I just had a local store check on availability and give me a price for one of these 32 cal Single Sevens.

The price out-the-door they quoted was $636.24.

That's in California and includes the background check fee and sales tax.

Does that seem in line, excessive, or a good deal?

And, if you have one, how do you like it.

I'm looking at the 5.5in model.

Dave

MacEntyre

Single-Sixer
There are two local gun stores that have given me a price of $530 out the door, for any barrel length.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Bud's had them yesterday in a couple of the barrel lengths for $499 shipped. I paid $518 for mine locally.

With the background check? is this the DROS fee? and tax this could be a good price in cali. Here ( CA. ) I just add $75.00/ $100.00 for what they go for in Az. and buy it.
Eric

22short

Bearcat
Hi Dave. I picked mine up yesterday at a local gun dealer here in Washington State and the price of mine was $529.00 prior to tax and $15 shipping.
I got out the door for a little under $600.

As far as how do I like it. I went to the range immediately after picking it up and put a bunch of ammo through it. I bought a 4 5/8 barreled model and it was great. I will agree that if you are expecting a gun that has a finish like a Colt or S&W than you might be disappointed. You can see some machining marks and the loading gate is pretty stiff but I like mine.

I shot .327 magnum, .32 S&W long, .32 H&R and .32 ACP through it and it handled them all nicely and shot well with all. Obviously the .327 was much more powerful and produced more recoil than the others but it was nothing appreciable. It does produce a pretty good bark though so wear ear protection. The others were much more tame and produced barely any recoil. They all shot well on target and right out of the box it needed little adjustment. I brought a friend who has one on order and he shot it and really liked it as well.

I really enjoyed it and think it is pretty cool that I can shoot four different cartridges out of the one gun. I think the .327 would definitely be a nice hunting caliber for medium sized game and a great companion gun when hunting larger game.

I'm very pleased with the purchase and would recommend it to anyone who like Rugers and who likes a versatile gun that is fun to shoot. Because for me the fun in shooting is what it's all about.

22short

Bearcat
Well from what I understand the .32 ACP is semi-rimmed cartridge and is one of the cartridge options you can shoot in this revolver. If you look at the review for this revolver on Jeff Quinn's Gunblast you'll see he shows ballistics for this cartridge being shot through this revolver.

Here is the link if you want to see it. http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-Single7.htm