Ruger Service Department

Help Support Ruger Forum:

svanruger

Bearcat
I was dry firing my LCR .38 Special, and the cylinder froze up. All the wiggling was for naught. Took it apart a bit to see if I could free something - no cigar. Basically new - 100 rounds or so.

So I called the service department.

Amazing. They gave me an RMA and a prepaid overnight shipping label, and maybe ten days later I had it back in hand, working like a charm.

So easy to complain when things go awry...and forget to praise on the other end of the spectrum. I just had to give them a huge pat on the back for the fantastic way in which they back their product. I've purchased three...and as long as they make what I'm looking for, from now on it will have a Ruger logo.

(Of course, it goes without saying that I think the LCR is a fantastic snubbie.)

svan

hittman

Staff member
Welcome to the Forum.

Ahhh .... how refreshing it is to have a new member join us to compliment Ruger.

svanruger

Bearcat
They didn't say...but the trigger wouldn't move, and cylinder wouldn't open or rotate. Gun was empty
My guess is that a spring bent somehow.

Meeko

Single-Sixer
I have had GREAT service by both Ruger and S&W. Smith sent me a giude rod and spring for my M&P for free. I only called them because my older one was getting soft and couldn't locate any to buy. I offered to pay and they said no.