Ruger Scout Rifle magazines!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dobetown

Bearcat
Is there a replacement spring available? The springs in the steel mags seem stronger than the polymer. How are yours holding up?
Scout Rifle people say the polymer won't hold up if left loaded for a few months.

I think they are JumpmasterC. Cost has always been high but they seem to be getting higher.

http://shopruger.com/Scout-308-Mag-10-Shot/productinfo/90353/

$72 plus shipping for a 10 rounder? That is crazy.

I am a cherry jumper that completed the course in 1984. Two night jumps. :p

mattsbox99

Hunter
Just went and checked mine which have been loaded for a few months. The steel mag is definitely stronger than the polymer ones. I just unloaded them by hand not through the rifle, they came up okay but a couple probably would have tipped through the rifle. I still prefer the polymer mags, but a stronger spring would be a good idea.

akjomsviking

Bearcat
JumpmasterC said:
Are these magazines becoming hard to find now too?

If by hard to find you mean, "Out of stock everywhere", then yes! I tried picking up a couple this past weekend and could not find a single website that did not list them as out of stock. Same story w/Mini-14 and Ruger 10/22.

mag318

Bearcat
I just bought a GSR and picked it up this afternoon. My dealer had the 10 factory round polymer magazines for $39.95, so to be safe I picked up a couple. Not having shot the rifle yet I have to say the polymer mags look and feel better than the factory metal one. Can't wait for the weather to warm slightly so I can shoot this neat rifle.