Ruger M77 Mark 2 Rifle Feeding

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mirglip

Single-Sixer
I'be been hunting big game with a M77 Mark2 lightweight Stainless 30-06 for the last 18 seasons. I like this rifle because it's light, pretty accurate and holds it's zero perfectly no matter what Rocky Mountain abuse I dish out. Twice since I have owned this rifle it failed to feed a round, cartridges not working their way up high enough to get hooked by the bolt.
Has anyone else had this problem with one of these? Normally I hunt alone with a round in the chamber and safety on and normally only one round is needed anyway, but those times I need to chamber a round and they stay in the magazine are distressing.

I don't know anything about the M77 but I do understand the typical controlled round feeding(mil-spec Mauser).
I don't know if this is even possible but could the follower or spring has been installed reversed --front/back, during a recent cleaning?
Another possibility is the follower is dragging/snagging on the stock inletting of the magwell.
I've gone through some serious frustration with a M-98 re-barreled to 220 Swift feeding and finally solved most of the problems by intentionally installing the follower spring backward.

Latest posts