Ruger Precision Rimfire Offcenter Handguard

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mcordell

Bearcat
I was advised by a member on another forum to check mine ....

Look at this generic pic .... Barrel looks closer to the bottom of the rail than the top .... Tapered rail so it seems

PGTwYBc.jpg

Ph5FCmo.jpg

Barrel is straight but the handguard is tapered it seems .... Much more gap between the top rail and bottom ... pic below

Odcqi9G.jpg

Q2Nj0cD.jpg

Mcordell

Bearcat
Im not really concerned but was just curious if it was normal or if anyone else with one in hand noticed it

Mcordell

Bearcat
Highstandardguy said:
Doesn't look right to me. I'd be sending that picture to Ruger Customer Support.

I would normally agree if I could find a pic of one that didnt look like it ha ... Seems to be the norm

JStacy

Blackhawk
If it bothers the OP , or others, send it back to Ruger with your observation on wanting it centered then .

JStacy said:
If it bothers the OP, or others, send it back to Ruger with your observation on wanting it centered then .

Exactly, since we've seen examples that are centered it will be no problem for Ruger to center the barrel in the handguard. I'm a shooter not a collector, that handguard wouldn't bother me at all.

Mobuck said:
If the front part is clamped on it would be simple to just loosen the clamps and fix the problem vs sending the rifle back.

Looking at the online manual the guard is clamped on at the rear so i'm sure you can just loosen the clamp, center the guard, and tighten the clamp.

JStacy

Blackhawk
I have considered getting one, I just want to know how they shoot. And Mo I said the off center guard ,if it was not toughing the barrel it would not hurt accuracy. I agree that it doesn't look right but should not effect shooting of the gun.
Is the vent hand guard aluminum or polymer ? I wish some one would hurry up and shoot one and post their results.

Latest posts