Ruger PC9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I have one on order as of today. There's no telling how long I will have to wait, but I was given hope that it might not be too long. I saw it demonstrated on "Gunblast" and I really like what it has to offer; features, accuracy, reliability. Can't wait!

gunman42782

Hunter
I told my dealer I wanted the first one. He said none of his distributors have them yet.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I think Ruger went with PC Carbine so that when they add calibers, it will still be a PC Carbine. Just like Redhawks, GP-100's and Blackhawks in different calibers. I hope we'll see them in 10mm and 45. Bob!! :D

mac66

Single-Sixer
The PC9 is what the old carbine was called. The PC Carbine is the new one. I think PCC would work to differentiate it as well.

That works... When I first saw PCC I was wondering if they had gotten redundant with Police Carbine Carbine.... but SteelBlue's answer works better than the other one I was thinking.... Private Citizen Carbine.

Or how about Politically Correct Carbine?

mikein

Single-Sixer
I ordered one as well, with the 17 round magazine, Model 19100. I understand that the SR and Security 9's mags will fit in the stock magazine well. Does anyone know yet if that is correct information? I'd like to go ahead and order a couple of spare magazines of different capacity, but want to make sure I get the correct ones!

rangerbob

Buckeye
mikein, you are correct on the SR 9 and Security 9 mags. The PCC ships with that magazine insert installed and a Glock magazine insert in the box. Another insert for the Ruger American 9mm is available from Ruger. I put my name down for one of the carbines at Sports South whenever they get any( no shipping date available). I did get in my SR-9 double pack of magazines though. For those that don't know, Ruger sells a double pack of SR-9 magazines at a considerable savings. I already had 3 for my SR-9E. Hopefully, Ruger, Brownells, MagPul, or some other aftermarket source with make the inserts for Sig, S&W, and Beretta mags. Bob! :wink:

Dregg

Single-Sixer
Brilliant idea by Ruger. Build and release a pistol caliber carbine that will accept either a Ruger magazine, or a Glock magazine. With Glock being the most popular Law Enforcement pistol in the US, it makes perfect sense that Ruger would incorporate their rifle to accept Glock pistol magazines. They had a similar idea when they released their PC4 and PC9 carbines back in the late 90's/early 00's. The only problem was, their carbines only accepted Ruger pistol magazines.

Ruger is a smart American company and listens to what their potential client base wants. We all want a pistol caliber carbine that will accept the most popular pistol makers magazine. Let's face it, Glock is #1 in "Law Enforcement" firearms. In the County in which I live, Glock has all of the contracts. Glock 17, 19, and 26. I'm sure a smaller agency in which I live will contract for some of those Ruger carbines since they'll accept Glock magazines.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
One benefit to the Glock magazine well is that 32-round 9 mm Glock magazines are available for reasonable costs. These will be loved by USPSA and falling plate speed shooters.

mikein

Single-Sixer
rangerbob said:
mikein, you are correct on the SR 9 and Security 9 mags. The PCC ships with that magazine insert installed and a Glock magazine insert in the box. Another insert for the Ruger American 9mm is available from Ruger. I put my name down for one of the carbines at Sports South whenever they get any( no shipping date available). I did get in my SR-9 double pack of magazines though. For those that don't know, Ruger sells a double pack of SR-9 magazines at a considerable savings. I already had 3 for my SR-9E. Hopefully, Ruger, Brownells, MagPul, or some other aftermarket source with make the inserts for Sig, S&W, and Beretta mags. Bob! :wink:
Thanks, rangerbob, I appreciate the information and will go ahead and order a couple, hopingthat they'll be ready to use by the time my new PC Carbine arrives.

As I've said and will maybe even write the powers that be at Ruger.... doubt if they will pay attention to me....
they need a magazine module for this new rifle that will allow for the P series pistols.
I can't really see how this would be hard to do and there are a gazzilion 9mm p series out there, probably almost as many Glocks.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
blume357 said:
there are a gazzilion 9mm p series out there, probably almost as many Glocks.
You are kidding, of course? Yes, being able to use P-series mags in the PC Carbine would be nice but Glocks outnumber them probably 10 to 1.

rangerbob

Buckeye
Glock mags have been in production for nearly 30 years, non stop. There are millions in the hands of LE. Nothing else can match that. I am not a Glock fan and carried a P226 in 357 Sig when I carried a badge, but there's no denying the facts. The only Glock mags I have are for my 10mm's. On the other hand, there are thousands of Sig, Beretta, S&W, and Ruger P mags out there as well. As I stated before, I think there would be a market for inserts to fit those for the PCC. Bob! :D