Ruger missed again!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

s4s4u

Hunter
IDK, I like it. Ruger has made plenty of wood stocked models already. I'd like to see an even more tacticool version, with a buffer tube so I could use any AR stock I wanted, and a pistol grip. Also, an aluminum bull barrel with a steel liner, free floated. Blaspheme, I know ;-)

IDK, I like it. Ruger has made plenty of wood stocked models already. I'd like to see an even more tacticool version, with a buffer tube so I could use any AR stock I wanted, and a pistol grip. Also, an aluminum bull barrel with a steel liner, free floated. Blaspheme, I know ;-)
No, not blasphemy…I completely understand that there are a wide variety of tastes and Ruger should and does appeal to many of them. I just think that the anniversary guns should have some connection to the model's roots/history….

Ruger could offer two different anniversary models and satisfy both the old and new tastes!!

mjh

Single-Sixer
I looked on the Ruger website this week, maybe it was yesterday. They sure are making a lot of models of lots of firearms. One of the SP models I've been looking for is back in stock---IF I can find local I'll buy with cash. Don't want to order.

Do I like everything Ruger has to offer---NO.

From the 75 Anniversary selections I do like the MK IV. The others not so much.

That 60th series 10/22 looks interesting but not really in the buying market for that.

I hope that whatever Ruger makes they sell a lot of them regardless of whether I like the particular model or not, I'm sure I'll find something I do like.

I believe it was priced at retail, $399.00, but that's where the negotiations begin.
In 1975 I paid $57.25 for a 10-22 from Monkey Ward. I was making the princely sum of $3 and hour at the time. Of course it's long gone courtesy of a family member who thought his drug habit was more important than my property. Damn I hate thieves...

In 1975 I paid $57.25 for a 10-22 from Monkey Ward. I was making the princely sum of $3 and hour at the time. Of course it's long gone courtesy of a family member who thought his drug habit was more important than my property. Damn I hate thieves...
I can't remember when I got my first 10/22. I was born in 1947 and my mind like my body is slowly fading. But I do know I really like them. I also remember making 75 cents an hour on my first job.
20230423_044455.jpg
20230423_043753.jpg

Huskerguy72

Single-Sixer
No offense, but I really tire of hearing about how the "bean counters" and "greedy owners" and "making money" are the evil downsides of Ruger and other companies.

Firearms, like every other business has to make a profit. Like it or not, that is how they keep the doors open. The market is determined by the customer. Ruger or anyone else doesn't get to decide what people like, that is an individual choice. The bottom line is if they can't make a profit, it is a waste of time and resources. Businesses make what the consumer is asking for.

My first handgun was a Ruger Single Six. I have several 10/22's, a couple single sixes, and a security six in stainless. Love them all but I see the Ruger handguns in a totally different category than I do the Smiths and Colts. Have a BIL who was a Ruger collector/accumulator fanatic. He had a large collection by most any standard. When it came time to liquidate, he was surprised that many did not appreciate nearly has much as many of my Smiths had. That is fine, just tells a different story about the firearm. I can go to shows and find older Rugers all day long. They hold their value as rugged, nice shooting firearms that will get the job done. That was their market and to an extent, still is.

For me, the 1911 75th anniversary is the only one in the bunch that catches my eye. I have several of the walnut and laminated stocks of older models but that is not the market of today's customers. Ruger didn't get where it is by being stupid and not knowing about their customers but go ahead and blame it on the accounting department or the young kid who took over the company from dear old dad and doesn't know a 22 from a 357. Rant over