Ruger Mini-14 factory folder wood/blue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

C6S1C

Bearcat
Hi Folks, Just looking for a price check on the Mini-14 factory folders. It's a wood and blue and in excellent condition. I see some on GB but the have no bids so I am not sure if their asking/selling price really reflects what they are selling for.....alot around 1400.00 asking price. Thanks in advance for the insight.

44rugerr

Single-Sixer
$1000-1200 is average. 4-5 years ago I was buying them @ 600-800. I have several. good investments.

Major T

Blackhawk
I had one of those factory folders back in the eighties for a GB20 model. I eventually sold mine.

They are really cool looking but fall way short of being really useful come time to shoot. I found the same to be true with the factory folder for my 870. On the 870, the pistol grip with the folder removed was fairly useful as we are talking scatter gun. Not so with the rifle.

To each his own, but I would not consider the Mini factory folder anywhere near what they sell for today. If you just have to do it, try an aftermarket for about a thousand less to see if it is what you thought it would do first. If indeed you do like it, you can always sell it and look for a factory item.

I have found over my long lifetime, that there is usually a reason things are rare. Many just turned out to be a bad idea. Some of the best (Marlin Octagons for example) were built to use up some left over parts from something else that was not selling. Go figure!

Best wishes,

Jack