Ruger Mark 111 mag disconnect

Help Support Ruger Forum:

You won't find a better person to deal with or a higher quality firearm part out there than Sam Lam & his Bushing. On a scale of 1-10 they both come in as a 12. :D RugerMountainMan

Re-read my post & wish to clarify that I rate the service as a 12 & the quality of the part as a 12 also. This is not a paid advertisement. Just my sincere opinion. RugerMountainMan

9x19

Hunter
Thanks.

I know that Volquartsen (my own choice), Tandemkross, and BAM also offer bushings, but it's always nice to hear positive personal experiences.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Hawkeye thats what makes the world go around, peoples differences :). I like my mag to fly out when the buttons pushed.

gig

Single-Sixer
I don't have a MKlll, but I know on my SR9c and LC9 the mags go in easier once the disco is left in the storage bin.
Its that last little click.............

PO2Hammer

Single-Sixer
If you're going to spam, you should at least get the name right. It's a Ruger Mark III (3), not Mark 111.

9x19

Hunter
blume357 said:
Still can't see a reason to mess with the mag disconnect on a MKIII

Still can't see a reason to have a mag disconnect on a MKIII

:mrgreen:

personal choice sure - - - cuz for me "messin" with the Ruger Mark 111 mag disconnect has more than 1 advantage over O.E.
Question ; if needed or wanted, could you chamber & fire a round without your mag in? Was that a NO I hear? I can since installing a Sam Lam bushing. Do you have to insert & remove your mag (be certain it's empty) repeatedly to disassemble & reassemble your Ruger Mark 111 ? You say you do. Well, I no longer have to. Even be willing to bet you would find my trigger release better now than when it had the disco in it. And finally if there is any one thing that 49 years of working as a pro auto mechanic has taught me - - - - the more systems & parts a car has - - - - the more the odds of something goin wrong.

gig

Single-Sixer
rugermountainman said:
... And finally if there is any one thing that 49 years of working as a pro auto mechanic has taught me - - - - the more systems & parts a car has - - - - the more the odds of something goin wrong.

A very good point. In my opinion this is one reason Glocks have a good rep, less bells and whistles, less problems.

gig

I can identify with the 'ease of field stripping' argument... but I will never identify with the need to shoot one round with out a magazine installed reasoning. Yes, on a self defense handgun I can see it... but on a Ruger 22lr pistol that in reality would take you 30 seconds to a minute to load one round in the chamber from the side.... every tried this? No, the mag. disconnect doesn't bother me....

i don't want a mag disconnect on my home defense or carry gun in fact I don't even have a safety on mine.... then there are those that over do anything and that's the reason for the mag disconnect in the first place.... too much over engineering....

GasGuzzler

Hunter
blume357 said:
My mags don't fly but they do drop out when I push the button.....

That's not as common as having to grab the mag's edge with your fingernails to pull it out while pushing the button. Probably worse on the 22/45.

Firing with no mag is not so you can load a round through the side.

Not having the mag safety allows less steps taking down and reassembling because the whole thing can be done with the mag out, not back and forth.

As far as the bushing goes, spend another $70 and kill two birds with one stone by installing a Volquartsen MKII accurizing kit and MKII hammer bushing thereby making perfect a previously poor trigger.

don't know about "over engineering" on the Ruger Mk111 mag disconnect. my understanding was the reason for them was so that Ruger could comply with state law in Calif. & Ma.
I don't know man if mag gremlins snuck in & got all my Ruger mags & all I had left were the gun & 1 29gr short I could still get that bugger. Be SOL though if it were a zombie. Don't think Hornady makes Z-MAX 's in 22 rimfire.
Seriously though it's about simplifying dis-ass & re-ass. And instead of using 2 fingers to pull a mag out, I use them instead to catch em when they come flying out. :mrgreen:

abumpa

Bearcat
I agree it was great dealing with Sam. I installed his bushing on my Mark III 22-45 that had already been back to Ruger once for a terrible "catch" in the trigger without much improvement.

Sam's bushing got rid of the mag disconnect and the annoying "catch" in the trigger.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Bushing doesn't affect trigger really and everyone please stop typing ones for the I's.

It's not MK11 or Mark 11 or anything with a 1. They're Roman numerals.

9x19

Hunter
GasGuzzler said:
...everyone please stop typing ones for the I's.

It's not MK11 or Mark 11 or anything with a 1. They're Roman numerals.

Obsess much? :mrgreen:

Latest posts