Ruger M77/50 Muzzleloader Misfires

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Elkster

Bearcat
I have a M77/50 that I put the 209 conversion kit on shortly after I got it. Never had an issue. Was out hunting the other day and fired a couple shots decided to come home and clean it. I had two small metal pieces fall out after I removed the bolt. I'll try to attach pics. Anyway, I broke it all down as usual and cleaned it all up. Put it back together and when I put the bolt down the firing bolt slammed forward. Tried it a few more times with the same result. I took it all apart again, pulled the trigger assembly apart and I can't figure out where the pieces of may have came from. Trigger feels a little sloppy. I've looked at the schematics over and over and can't see any parts that match the pieces that came out. Everything seems to be in place. Help please!!??

Chief 101

Hunter
when you get pics up we can figure out where they go...I have one handy to look at as do may others here. The trigger on mine is a bit sloppy side to side also...

Chief 101

Hunter
I don't see anything like that on my 77/50. I had a 209 conversion on mine but removed it, nothing like that came off. The trigger is real simple on this model so take the stock off and watch it work or malfunction...you may have to take the breech plug out so you don't smash it...good luck and maybe somebody else will have a clue.