Ruger LCR protruding firing pin bushing.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rylandman

Bearcat
I have contacted Ruger via email about a protruding firing pin bushing after dry firing the LCR. Took the LCR back to the FFL dealer and they knocked the bushing back in place. Would not recommend dry firing the LCR.

ewayte

Bearcat
No, the yellow plastic disc is for fanatical Ruger collectors to complain about when it's missing. ;-)

WANT A LCR 22LR

Bearcat
Send it back to Ruger.

The firing pin bushing is threaded and has a locking nut on the hammer side. The gun store knocking the bushing back does nothing and it will move forward again then tie the gun up as the cylinder rotates. This isn't a might happen, it is a will happen.

Dry firing a gun like a LCR does nothing, use it as is and it will be fine. The yellow plastic disc is a safety disc to show the fire arm isn't loaded.

Rylandman

Bearcat
Thanks for all the information. I did not use snap caps. Interesting to know the bushing is threaded instead of a press fit. Hammering it back may have damaged the gun.

WANT A LCR 22LR

Bearcat
Hammering back isn't any worse than firing the gun and having the head stamp hit the bushing.

The bushing is what amounts to a hollow bolt. The frame is drilled / counterbored for the bushing. On the other side of the frame is the nut, this nut has a threaded and small diameter portion to retain the firing pin.

Take a look at the owner manual parts section, you will see what I mean.

Rylandman

Bearcat
Is it a press fit? The problem being that the bushing is not tite enough???
Doesn't appear to be a good design for the bushing to be slipping back and forth during firing or hammering. I am sure Ruger has a solution.
Thanks for the information.

WANT A LCR 22LR

Bearcat
It's a good design. Take a look at the parts section in your owners manual and you will see the bushing has a nut on the hammer side. When the nut works loose the bushing will move.

I'm guessing the nut was not tightened enough / locktite applied when built.

Rylandman

Bearcat
From my looking at the parts diagram, that makes sense. Hammering back is not a solution but tightening up the firing pin retaining bolt would be a fix???