Ruger LCP max

Help Support Ruger Forum:

M224speed

Bearcat
I noticed no difference in trigger pull weight just less take up and no pinch.

Last edited:

pyth0n

Buckeye
Did the Galloway trigger reduce the trigger pull? As a pocket carry without a safety, I don't want a lighter trigger.
It did reduce the pre travel quite a bit (20-25% says Galloway). Using my old fish scale I measure mine @ approx. 6.5 lbs. It's not shown on the Ruger site spec sheet, but other sites say it's from 6-7lbs. So it doesn't seem to have affected the trigger pull at all.
Forty dollar fix beats buying a $500 replacement, unless there were other problems/reasons to dislike, besides the pinch. IMO.

Last edited:
It did reduce the pre travel quite a bit (20-25% says Galloway). Using my old fish scale I measure mine @ approx. 6.5 lbs. It's not shown on the Ruger site spec sheet, but other sites say it's from 6-7lbs. So it doesn't seem to have affected the trigger pull at all.
Forty dollar fix beats buying a $500 replacement, unless there were other problems/reasons to dislike, besides the pinch. IMO.
I did the same thing when I bought mine.

DEG1

Bearcat
Thank you dickydalton for the feedback. I'll probably do this too, and soon!

SingleFinRider

Bearcat
I've had a slight trigger pinch with my Max a few times. No big deal.
The little gun shoots fine for what it is and is my edc.
Am about to order another one with the stainless steel slide.

Haters gonna hate though. I don't care.
I should have went with the SS slide also, oh well ill shoot the hell out of this one and maybe upgrade to the stainless in a few years

Blackmore

Blackhawk
Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I wanted to check here before getting a Sigurd trigger for my MAX. Based on all the positives, I'm going to proceed.

FWIW, Galloway is adamant in both the trigger's description and in answered questions that the trigger pull weight is NOT reduced by changing to the Sigurd.

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
i was getting trigger pinch very bad with my LCP Max it was so bad i ended up putting it in the safe and went back to my LCP with stainless steel slide. but missed the extra rounds as i do not carry my p365 anymore due to my lower back pain. I began researching and found an article about this and suggested filing the trigger guard a little i did right under the trigger guard and the pinch seem to be gone have taken it to the range 4 times so 200 rounds and no pinch

I carried a LCP for several years as a pocket pistol then about a year ago I picked up the lcp max in hope to make it my everyday carry. Every time I shot it I would get a bad trigger pinch that ended up with a blood blister that took a week to heal. The last time I ended up bleeding a little. I went ahead and put it away and got the LCP out of retirement and used my sig p365 as a belt gun. Now since the weather is getting back to shorts everyday I want to back to pocket carry all the time. Anyone had a problem with finger pinch and found a solution? Thank you
Yep, when I first started shooting the Pocket guns about 12 years ago. Now thousands of rounds down range with then and no finger pinch. All recoil seems like shooting a 22.cal. Can't explain it, just seems things come together.

Latest posts