Ruger LCP max

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
I carried a LCP for several years as a pocket pistol then about a year ago I picked up the lcp max in hope to make it my everyday carry. Every time I shot it I would get a bad trigger pinch that ended up with a blood blister that took a week to heal. The last time I ended up bleeding a little. I went ahead and put it away and got the LCP out of retirement and used my sig p365 as a belt gun. Now since the weather is getting back to shorts everyday I want to back to pocket carry all the time. Anyone had a problem with finger pinch and found a solution? Thank you

pyth0n

Buckeye
Is it pinching at the top or bottom of the trigger? I never had an issue with trigger pinch but I did install a Galloway trigger to remove the excess travel.

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
Is it pinching at the top or bottom of the trigger? I never had an issue with trigger pinch but I did install a Galloway trigger to remove the excess travel.
it is the bottom part of the finger i have tried and moved my finger placement but it does not help at first i though it might be the glock style trigger but i also have a hellcat pro with the same type of trigger and no problem with that one

hittman

Staff member
It went bye-bye ….. replaced by a G43.
Had same problem with both an LCP and an LC9.

M224speed

Bearcat
I put a band aid on my finger when at the range, no problem.If I need it to protect myself that will be the least of my worries.

dweis

Blackhawk
Wow! The idea of needing to defend yourself from a trigger pull makes me even happier with my choice of a Security 380. I never pocket carry so I my gun spares me injury.

TonyJK

Bearcat
it is the bottom part of the finger i have tried and moved my finger placement but it does not help at first i though it might be the glock style trigger but i also have a hellcat pro with the same type of trigger and no problem with that one
As I was planning to buy a LCP Max this pinching finger got me curious, I did own the first LCP back in 2013 & didn't have this issue, I sold it for other reasons, well this morning I went to a gun store with the intention of buying this LCP Max as I handled the gun I did have this pinching issue after inspecting the problem I think the polymer frame is the culprit, a small file
could be used to take the sharp edge off a little may just fix this problem. I think this could be done without any disassembly of the firearm.

M224speed

Bearcat
My trigger finger goes in at a angle and rides on the outside of the trigger guard. I'm right handed and I rub on the left side of the guard. I tried all kinds of things and nothing works. That's why I just put a band aid on my finger when I go to the range, after a 100 rounds it works great. What can I say I like the gun and I can nail a 6 in target at 10 yards with no problem and I carry it everyday.

willysmith1949

Bearcat
I have the original LCP, LCPii 22LR, and now the LCP Max. I have had the finger pinch on all three of them. I used a small modeling file to round off the area in front of the trigger. This will stop the finger pinch most of the time, but not always. Although with the rounded off area it doesn't pinch as bad. I have replaced the trigger on the first two with the Galloway trigger and the finger pinch is gone. The Galloway trigger shortens the forward movement of the trigger enough so your finger doesn't get caught between the trigger and the frame. The first way is free, but not 100%. The second is 100%, at least for me, but costs about $40.

hittman

Staff member
About $325 for the cheapest of those three guns. Add sales tax. Add shipping. Add FFL fee. Add $40 or more for a trigger. Figure in your time and aggravation.

Cut to the chase and spend $500 for a better quality firearm you can trust right out of the box.

The price point of those is their hook.

wfm

Bearcat
I had a LCP right after they came out, it always pinched my finger. I bought a LCP Max a while ago and the trigger still pinched my finger. I put a Galloway Sigurd Max trigger in, and it cured the finger pinch. They are about $40.00 and very easy to install. Galloway has an excellent video for installation. The trigger also has less travel than the factory trigger. I've been very pleased with it.

Armybrat

Buckeye
I've had a slight trigger pinch with my Max a few times. No big deal.
The little gun shoots fine for what it is and is my edc.
Am about to order another one with the stainless steel slide.

Haters gonna hate though. I don't care.

pyth0n

Buckeye
Sorry for the delay. I had to look at a picture of the Max to eyeball the trigger again. I couldn't remember what it looked like before I changed it out. I see that the Galloway trigger closes the gap between the bottom of the trigger & trigger guard. And there's a slight up turn on the trigger that, for lack of a better description, reminds me of a pinky extension on a magazine.
Pic worth a 1000 words. Mine is black. Might be a solution for you.
ruger_lcp-max_sigurd-max-trigger_galloway-precision_6338.jpg

Last edited:

ImDrRich

Bearcat
The finger pinch is typically due to a heavier outer recoil spring- if you have changed it to an 11, 12, or 13, change it back to the factory 9 pound spring and your finger pinching will disappear.

DEG1

Bearcat
I'm only using the factory recoil spring and a box of ammo equals a blood blister. I wear a shooting glove now- fixed. But, I've decided my LCP Max will be relegated to a backup pocket carry. My primary will be my newly acquired Kimber Micro 380 which pockets carries just as good.

DEG1

Bearcat
Did the Galloway trigger reduce the trigger pull? As a pocket carry without a safety, I don't want a lighter trigger.

wfm

Bearcat
I could tell no difference in trigger pull after installing a Galloway trigger, just no more finger pinch and less travel with the trigger. My original LCP and my LCP max both had factory springs, that's not what caused the pinch.