Lcp max

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Picked this up at my lgs this morning. Went out in the yard and banged away. Worked flawless. Paid $300 total out the door and he threw in a new extra mag.
20240222_092308.jpg
20240222_092226.jpg

bocash3

Bearcat
Congrats on the purchase.

Sharpblade: Looks like you have a scarce LCP Custom.
That is my every day carry and love it. It will actually hit a volleyball at 15 yards, so good enough.
Sights are great, considering what the little pistol is.

While at it, I bought a LCP Max about 2 years ago, but highly prefer the LCP Custom for EDC.
The latter is just "enough smaller" that it's easier to pull from right-front pants pocket.
PLUS................. I LOVE the trigger of the LCP Custom. It's a steady certain pull from start to finish.

Tne Max trigger spooks me. It has all that slack for a long distance and then suddenly drops the pin
at the end. To me, it's like I don't know when it is going to go off.
I know, I could practice with it more but the two triggers on these two models are so vastly different............
The Custom trigger is most familiar and physically (and mentally) comfortable to me to carry. The Max stays in a house drawer (at least for now).

Y'all have a good weekend, Bo in western NC

Congrats on the purchase.

Sharpblade: Looks like you have a scarce LCP Custom.
That is my every day carry and love it. It will actually hit a volleyball at 15 yards, so good enough.
Sights are great, considering what the little pistol is.

While at it, I bought a LCP Max about 2 years ago, but highly prefer the LCP Custom for EDC.
The latter is just "enough smaller" that it's easier to pull from right-front pants pocket.
PLUS................. I LOVE the trigger of the LCP Custom. It's a steady certain pull from start to finish.

Tne Max trigger spooks me. It has all that slack for a long distance and then suddenly drops the pin
at the end. To me, it's like I don't know when it is going to go off.
I know, I could practice with it more but the two triggers on these two models are so vastly different............
The Custom trigger is most familiar and physically (and mentally) comfortable to me to carry. The Max stays in a house drawer (at least for now).

Y'all have a good weekend, Bo in western NC
I bought that custom at that same gun shop years ago. Behind the glass cases they had a stack of boxes stacked high. They were all lcp's selling for 150 dollars total. I looked at one and pulled the trigger a few times. At the same time I noticed that custom in the case. After looking at it and pulling the trigger a few times I bought it. But I paid 200 dollars total. I really like it but I also like the other 2 as well.

Last edited:

Taterman

Buckeye
Congrats on your new Max. I'm still trying to decide which LCP to go with but I'm leaning toward a Max. I wish they had a safety though.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I just got the replacement this past weekend for my first one, which was quickly confiscated by my wife to replace her LC380. I like to carry mine for it's small size and unnoticeable weight when I'm out riding my mountain bike...Absolutely great little pistol for such a purpose! 😉👍

20240413_134639.jpg

9x19

Hunter
I picked up one of the 75th Anniversary models myself today.

The stainless slide is nicely finished. Was impossible to resist at $255 ($270 otd)