Ruger hammers at Midway

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
Just a heads up. MidwayUSA's newest flier has Ruger hammers listed for New Vaquero, Single Six, Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk. I needed one for a New Vaquero so you couldn't beat it for $22.
https://www.midwayusa.com/s?searchTerm=ruger+hammer

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Thanks for sharing!

The photo is incorrect for the New Vaquero, it should have the extra long spur and be the mid frame size. However the part # may be correct.

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
Hondo44,
Well the hammer that came is the same as the picture - so not at all like the original hammer on my Vaquero. More like the hammer on a Ruger Vaquero Montado. Which may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what a guy wants. I was hoping for an original style, but I'll hold on to this one and maybe swap it just to see how it feels.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
The Montado hammer only came in stainless and it has a wide spur like a super BH hammer, but has bordered checkering, and it's a mid size hammer for the mid size New Vaquero frame. They're almost impossible to find. Is that what you received?

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
20220111-154730.jpg

NikA

Buckeye
The hammer in the photo is a Montado hammer. I went ahead and ordered one on the off chance I get one as well; they're usually difficult to find and quite expensive.

jgt

Blackhawk
I ordered a couple myself. I'm with you hoping to get one like the above pictured one.

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
Me too - took 2. The fact that I do not have revolvers to put them in has never stopped me before. Nor this time.
Flatbush

NikA

Buckeye
Waiting with bated breath to go grab mine from the mailbox.

ETA: the hammers I received were Montados, one looks like new old stock (some freckling, possibly dirt), the other new.

Incidentally, does anyone know whether the Bisley hammers are the same size for the full size and midframe SA guns? I'd probably backorder a couple of the Bisley hammers while they're on sale if I knew they could be fit to midframe guns.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
They can be fit to mid frames. The difference is the location of the notch for the transfer bar on the face of the hammer.