Ruger Ghost Ring Sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Does anyone know if there of a ghost ring rear sight for a Ruger? I know that Ashley Emerson made something similiar at one time, just curious.

Dick

mraywi

Single-Sixer
warren outdoor sports of warren ohio google for their info.
Owners name is Paul, great to do business with. He sell One Ragged Hole sights. I have several. Buy from Paul, the man who makes them takes the money but does not send the sight. Paul gets the sights from one ragged hole and does deliver the goods!!!

JNewell

Single-Sixer
I really like the ORH blades. They're not expensive - give one a try.

Ski

Bearcat
Short Barrel":3uiqp1iz said:
Brownells should have it also,Dick.

Brownells shows them to be discontinued! If Warren Outdoors still has them, then that would be the place to go. I wouldn't take a chance on ordering them from the One Ragged Hole web site. Last time I tried contacting them, I got no response.

WMB30

Single-Sixer
Dick.... I can mail over a couple to try out to see if they will work for you. A size 7/32 & 9/32

Bill

Olsherm

Blackhawk
Hey jnewell! Dumb question from olsherm. What is an ORH blade? Is it a rear site blade for a ruger single action with a peep hole in it? I would be interested in one as my old eyes are getting harder to see the sights on my pistols. I don't know what the letters stand for. Would appreciate a reply. Email me if you can. Thanks. [email protected]

gdeiss

Bearcat
mraywi,

Googling "warren outdoor sports" in Warren, Ohio shows Trumbull Outdoor Sports, which apparently has no website. No other sporting goods store is mentioned. Is Trumbull's the place you're referring to?

Greg

JNewell

Single-Sixer
Olsherm":24960kcy said:
Hey jnewell! Dumb question from olsherm. What is an ORH blade? Is it a rear site blade for a ruger single action with a peep hole in it? I would be interested in one as my old eyes are getting harder to see the sights on my pistols. I don't know what the letters stand for. Would appreciate a reply. Email me if you can. Thanks. [email protected]

It stands for One Ragged Hole - it's the same blade the other folks are discussing here. Too bad if it's discontinued - these were a great accessory for us OFs (Old Farts - speaking strictly for myself, of course...).

S3

Bearcat
I use these on all of my guns. They help a lot if you're eyesight isn't that great. DO NOT buy them from the guy that makes them. He's scammed a lot of people out of their money. Brownells doesn't carry them anymore, but Warren Outdoor (http://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com) had them as of a few weeks ago.

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Sixshot,I have been thinking about trying something like that for several years and just heven't done it yet.

It looks like the One Ragged Hole sights aren't available and the maker may have been less than reliable.

I don't think it would be a big deal to make one using the current blade as a partial pattern,in fact I read of a guy making one out of a hacksaw blade.

If I had a son who was a gunsmith,I'd have a bucketful of them.

I have Bowen Rough Country sights on most of mine.He sells a blank blade for making your own custom blade and I think I'm going to give that a try.I plan to use a fiber optic front.

I have been using ghost ring sights on 2 lever actions,for years and they are amazing.I have green fiber optic sights on the front and really like them.

7p's

Single-Sixer
Here's how they look. You can get on a moving target faster but most will find the revolver will shoot high unless you have a tall front sight.

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

I'll keep the pictures up for a couple of days. One has the large aperture, the other shows the small aperture. These are installed on BFR's.

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
And then there's my "Goshdarn Hacksite" homebrew clone of the Goshen Enterprises Hexsite:

4258670610_57f5801536.jpg

Looks way funky but works great. Dead black sights front and rear with no glinting due to the tube...which also makes it ridiculously slick on the draw.

Real Goshen Hexsites don't need the tube because they use high-tech polymer coatings to cut the glint. They're available bolt-on for Glocks but adaptable to others at Tim's shop:

http://www.goshen-hexsite.com/index2.htm

These change everything because you can focus on the target instead of the front sight and still get respectable accuracy. They feel like they "auto-track" behind your vision. Avoiding any glowing/colored stuff that gets in your way of really seeing the target helps. You can do the same thing with an ORH rear and plain black front, except you get into glint problems that throw you off. The last pic by 7p's shows the problem, top-right outside edge and bottom-left inner. Both my setup and Goshen's solve this issue in different ways.

And yes, they work in low-light conditions as long as there's more light on the target than there are on the dead-black sights.