Ruger Design Contest

Help Support Ruger Forum:

modrifle3

Buckeye
So I submitted my design to the Ruger 10/22 design contest and was did not get selected as a finalist. Not a big surprise, but what is a suprise is the guns selected. Several are very nice workmanship, but it was my understanding these designes were to be something that could be massproduced for the general public. Honestly there appered to be only one that I would select. I guess that Ruger is going to continue the idea of bright colors and pretty marketing rather than a quality useful product.

I guess I am still bitter about the SR22 pistol, the pink frames and the plastic that has taken the place of the once beautifully made metal 10/22.

mishtub

Blackhawk
I did not see a fingergroove in the mix. The 2 wood takedown models were tied just now.

Kermit814

Bearcat
The submission by "Gary" from Michigan looks to have the stock from a Ruger American bolt-action. That has finger groves doesn't it?

bcam

Bearcat
I've been putting off the purchase of a 10/22 because of the fear of needing to make as many changes as I have made to my 22/45s. But I will buy one of Tyler's takedown models, if they make them.

9x19

Hunter
I wouldn't buy any of the finalists.

The plain sporter from Rick in Alabama is the only one I voted for... but honestly it doesn't offer much over their current DSP.

6gun

Hunter
I couldn't get the link from Ruger for vote to work either, just showed blank squares where the pictures should have been after the page finally opened up minutes later.

shatolang

Bearcat
My vote goes to Gary from Michigan.

-I love the American rimfire stock.
-The factory ghost ring sights would be fantastic due to its my favorite style sights on a 10/22.
-The mini 14 / gunsite scout style front sight with flash hider looks new and fresh on a 10/22.
-Factory rail on top for optional optics.
-The Stainless is a nice touch.
-Both compact and full size versions like the American rimfire.

Great ideas. I'd buy it!

wwb

Hunter
I looked them over and didn't even cast a vote.... just nothing there to float my boat.

well,well got to see them, but was a "bit" ?? dis appointed in the selection,, NOT very representative of a "truly" anniversary gun,maybe the one take down to show the latest after all these years,but again I guess I save some more money, let the grandkids hang on to their "laminated" ones that Chief AJ went over for them............the Canadian Centennial or even their 40th anniversary were BETTER in "meaning" :(

9x19

Hunter
shatolang said:
My vote goes to Gary from Michigan.

-I love the American rimfire stock.
-The factory ghost ring sights would be fantastic due to its my favorite style sights on a 10/22.
-The mini 14 / gunsite scout style front sight with flash hider looks new and fresh on a 10/22.
-Factory rail on top for optional optics.
-The Stainless is a nice touch.
-Both compact and full size versions like the American rimfire.

Great ideas. I'd buy it!

Hi Gary! :mrgreen:

Kermit814

Bearcat
ArmedinAZ said:
Kermit814 said:
The submission by "Gary" from Michigan looks to have the stock from a Ruger American bolt-action. That has finger grooves doesn't it?

Not even close. This: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=190025

I must be missing something. Looks like finger grooves to me.

Something about an anniversary edition to me demands a wood stock though so if you mean finger grooves with a wood stock, I totally agree.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Kermit814 said:
ArmedinAZ said:
Kermit814 said:
The submission by "Gary" from Michigan looks to have the stock from a Ruger American bolt-action. That has finger grooves doesn't it?

Not even close. This: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=190025

I must be missing something. Looks like finger grooves to me.

Something about an anniversary edition to me demands a wood stock though so if you mean finger grooves with a wood stock, I totally agree.

We're on the same page Kermit. That inexpensive plastic stock might have fingergrooves but there's no comparison to the 10/22 shown in the link. The original fingergroove was made for a short time and is now sought after. Ruger could build a stunning rifle out of their parts bin along with a new stock turning program and have something special. The take-downs will probably win, sadly I have no use for a take apart gun. Disappointing but then I remembered it will have the plastic trigger group .... :(