Ruger branded Simmons handgun scope

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ralfus

Bearcat
When did Ruger market a handgun scope? I found one today at a gun show, a Simmons 2X20 in silver with the Ruger red emblem on the turret cap, in Ruger SS rings. The seller did not know the history. Was this ever packaged with a Hunter series handgun? The rings are both #4 height.

I've seen a few Simmons scopes, both rifle and handgun with Ruger caps. Also have seen them on Tasco rifle scopes. I don't think they were sold with the hunter guns, but not sure.

I would like to have one of the Simmons handgun scopes with the Ruger caps.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have one or two of them stashed away. If I recall correctly,,, it was in the mid 1990's or so. I do know that Ruger at one time had Simmons, Bushnell, & Leupold marked scopes. And maybe a Tasco. I need to look again,,,!

Ralfus

Bearcat
contender said:
I have one or two of them stashed away. If I recall correctly,,, it was in the mid 1990's or so. I do know that Ruger at one time had Simmons, Bushnell, & Leupold marked scopes. And maybe a Tasco. I need to look again,,,!

That would make sense, the Simmons is a Japanese made Pro Hunter. I don't think that model as been produced in Japan for awhile. Thanks for the info.