RUGER 77/357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
HAWKEYE#28 said:
BETTER GET A FACTORY LETTER. HQ TELLS ME THAT THIS GUN HAS NEVER BEEN PRODUCED............ 8)

Yeah...have a feeling that has something to do with not enough individuals knowing everything that Ruger is doing, which would be impossible anyway. I know of a 77/357 example that had been produced as early as January 2011.
Chet15

PJR

Bearcat
chet15 said:
HAWKEYE#28 said:
BETTER GET A FACTORY LETTER. HQ TELLS ME THAT THIS GUN HAS NEVER BEEN PRODUCED............ 8)

Yeah...have a feeling that has something to do with not enough individuals knowing everything that Ruger is doing, which would be impossible anyway. I know of a 77/357 example that had been produced as early as January 2011.
Chet15
I agree. There is a difference between a gun being "made" and one being "produced." Just because it isn't a regular production item doesn't mean Ruger didn't make a few test platforms to see if they would work or if there'd be a market for them.

Here we go again, the old "will a .357 actually KILL a deer?" hassle. The fact that they've been doing it since 1935 just doesn't seem to convince the big bore folks....

All I can say is "it isn't for everybody."

chet15

Hawkeye
Mike Armstrong said:
Here we go again, the old "will a .357 actually KILL a deer?" hassle. The fact that they've been doing it since 1935 just doesn't seem to convince the big bore folks....

All I can say is "it isn't for everybody."

Well, you can kill a deer with a .22, but its probably a little more humane if you don't try.
Chet15

Hi I cant post pictures right now my wife has the camera and see is on vacation sorry . when I called ruger I tried to get some info about production all I could get was model catalog # and ship date march 2011 they will be sending a letter I asked if they made more and she could not answer I guess we will have to wait and see
GRAMPS

RJ556

Buckeye
I sure hope so Chet. I really want one of these. I wonder if this gun has the same outside diameter barrel as the 77/44. If so, it should be very accurate.

buck460XVR

Bearcat
chet15 said:
I suspect this will be one of the new introductions at Ruger's NRA booth here in couple days.
Chet15

DAMN....just when I thought I'd bought my last gun. :lol:

dipper

Bearcat
Along with a 77/.357, Ruger should really do it right and build a 77/.357 Max.
I've got Marlin lever rifles for the .357 Magnum but I would be ALL OVER a 77/.357 Max. bolt rifle and know several other people that would be too.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
dipper said:
I've got Marlin lever rifles for the .357 Magnum but I would be ALL OVER a 77/.357 Max. bolt rifle and know several other people that would be too.
I'm no expert but wouldn't it be easy and safe to lengthen the chamber to 357 max? 8) 8)

...Jimbo

dipper

Bearcat
Jimbo357mag said:
dipper said:
I'm no expert but wouldn't it be easy and safe to lengthen the chamber to 357 max? 8) 8)

...Jimbo

Probably but I was thinking about the magazine length and loading heavy bullets.
Would the/a .357 Magnum Magazine be long enough for the Max.??

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Haven't heard of such a critter coming out at NRA. I might be interested in a .357 but would really like a .41 mag one and LOVE one in max!

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I don't know the specs on everything but , would a maxi round fit in a magazine? The only way we'd see a maxi is if the round fit in the action and mags...know what I mean? I think the OAL of the maxi makes it just a dream. I would love to see one made though!

One could be made up in a 41 with a rebarrel and opening up a 357 magazine like some are doing by opening up a 44 magazine and making a 77/45 Colt.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
dipper said:
Jimbo said:

...Jimbo

Probably but I was thinking about the magazine length and loading heavy bullets.
Would the/a .357 Magnum Magazine be long enough for the Max.??
Oh yeah, magazine and action problems. :oops: :oops:

...Jimbo

chet15

Hawkeye
Bump...

Well...The NRA show is done and gone, but I haven't had anybody report a 77/357 on their display board.....nor have I seen any new announcement on Ruger's website.

That might have really been a GREAT BUY Gramps51!!!
Chet15

Otony

Blackhawk
I see that over at the Cast Boolits website one of the members posted that he knows a fellow working at Ruger. According to the employee they are sorting out some small issues with the magazine before releasing the rifle.

I can only hope it makes it into production, I would love to buy one for my kids to go along with our Marlin 1894 Cowboy. The .357 in a rifle works very effectively on deer. Plus with the magazine being made we are one step closer to the possibility of a rifle I have long dreamt about, a semi-auto .357 Magnum. Now that would be ultra-cool!

Latest posts