Ruger 44 magnum carbine….early model.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

In order to do so, you would need to get a later version trigger assembly with the button release. From experience, when that is swapped you may need to sand a bit of the stock next to the button assembly to allow it to move over far enough and allow the next cartridge to feed from the magazine tube. I had purchased an early carbine, which apparently had a later trigger assembly, and it would not feed the rounds (which may be why it was being sold at a good price). I found that to be reason why. I pushed the button hard enough to make a mark in the wood and then concentrated on sanding in that area. I did a little at a time until the assembly was able to move over far enough and allow the next cartridge to load. The rifle fed just fine afterwards.

hittman

Staff member
Help me out here please. Is THIS what folks are calling a magazine? I always referred to the 44 Carbine as tube fed. The ones I owned had no magazine. Am I missing something?

Help me out here please. Is THIS what folks are calling a magazine? I always referred to the 44 Carbine as tube fed. The ones I owned had no magazine. Am I missing something?

Yes, the name of the tube is a magazine tube on a 44 Carbine parts list. That is also what it is called on lever actions and the sort. They are magazines as they hold the rounds but they are not a detachable magazine as you have with a pistol.

pyth0n

Buckeye

Similar to tube fed semiauto, pump, lever action rifles, The rounds slide on to the elevator, & when the action is actuated, the round is raised up to be fed to the breech. the elevator then moves back down for the next round. Cycle repeats till empty. It has it's ups & downs.
So no that's not a removeable magazine.

Latest posts