Ruger 44 carbine value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Limabean

Bearcat
Found a supposedly 1967 carbine that has the factory peep sight in like new condition and was wanting to know what it is worth. I didn't see any for sale on any of the gun auction sites I normally visit. Thanks in advance.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
One exactly as you describe just sold on Gunbroker this week for a little over $1000. Peep sight and "as new" condition.

ejb69

Bearcat
I bought one for $650 a few years ago. I have seen them @1200 at local gun shows . I think that's a bit high, but 800 -$ 1000 seems to be the going price today. My brother paid $900 for the new style with the detachable mag. This gun is in new condition , no wear marks what so ever, came with 1-5 power scope.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I have seen them in used but "like new" condition on Gunbroker go for as high as $1600. Ruger has one NIB (anniversary edition) right now on GB that should go for over $1600.

Limabean

Bearcat
The shop wants 750.00 out the door. But with the threads I have read about parts being unavailable from ruger it makes me hesitant to buy it. I don't buy guns I can't shoot and I'm afraid with my luck something would break then it wouldn't be worth much. Thanks for the replies.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
Numrich has quite a few parts for the gun, and nothing really goes wrong with them anyway. If the stock and bluing are truly like new, then their price is good. Look at the bottom side and see if any bluing is gone from the feeding gate. That is where the gun first shows wear and if there is any blueing missing there then it is not "like new."

cpt-t

Single-Sixer
About 14 or 15 yrs ago my Son and I were going Trout Fishing in SE Missouri. And stopped in a little town enroute to eat, and seen a Gun Shop across the street while we were eating. And since we were in no big hurry, we just couldn't pass up a small out of the way Gun Shop. We had to stop and check it out. I went on in the Gun Shop and my Son was still getting something out of back of our Truck. After a few minutes I looked outside and could see my Son talking to a Old Man wearing a Cowboy Hat driving a Pickup Truck pulling a horse trailer. So I figured everything was ok. And I started talking to the Gun Shop Owner who turned out to be a real first class overbearing obnoxious know it all ((( Jack Ass ))) and I went on looking around at what He had for sale. All of a sudden my son came in and said dad I need $ 150.00 dollars, and I gave it to Him and He went back outside. My Son came back in a little bit later and we looked around for a few minutes more. My Son said that I was not going to believe the two new rifles He had just bought. Well the Store Owner heard Him say that and he just came unwound, about us buying those two rifles out from under him. And his BS comfortation and accuations went downhill in a hurry from there, but he darn sure never came out from behind his counter, while he was running his mouth so freely. So my Son & I left his store. The two Rifles turned out to be a Ruger Semi Automatic and a Lever Gun in 44 Mag, the one`s that look like a Ruger 10-22`s on steroids. Both rifles looked like they were brand new, both in a nice padded Rifle Cases and four boxes of 44 Mag shells came with the deal. My Son paid the Old Cowboy either $300.00 or $400.00 cash for both rifles I can't remember which now. This is what the Old man asked for, he said he need the money real bad and this is what my Son gave him. Both Rifles shoot very well for us and we have shot a few deer with them but we have shot a bunch of Pigs down in Oklahoma and Texas with them. This is one my Sons best Gun Deals so far and this story gets told quite often by Him. It looks like money well spent by Him. And we still have both of these rifles. I am sorry if I got long winded on any body that reads this. I am getting old now and just got bored today and thought I would just tell You All a Story. I hope I have not bored or offended any of you. But when You get Old and Fat, you're just in the way. And sometimes You Stories are all You have left, that are worth much.
ken

Dobe

Bearcat
I sold one for $300 about 25 years ago. Just never warmed up to it.

cpt-t

Single-Sixer
daveg.inkc: My Son and I were on our way to Roaring River State Park in Cassville Mo to go Trout Fishing. And I have not been back to Roaring River in many years, but I just looked at a Road Atlas and it looks like it could have been Pierce City Mo or Monett Mo. But don`t quote Me on that. I started Trout Fishing there with my Dad in 1959, when I was 15 yrs old, Roaring River holds some special memories for Me and My Family. My Wife's health failed several years ago, and She requires 24hr care now so my overnight Trout fishing trips and Pig hunting trips have pretty much stopped all together. But nobody said life was fair, and you just have to play the hand that was dealt you.
ken

kevin masten

Blackhawk
Ken: nice story. When we get old, our stories of our life and events are what sustains us. Ain't much left. Children are gone and have their own interests such as family and little to no interest in our interests. I love to listen to what folks have to say and the more interest you show them, the more they tell you. I have learned a lot from other folks about an era of which I have little knowledge that occurred during their life many years ago.

Spin a story anytime and I will gladly listen.

Regards

kevin masten

Blackhawk
Forgot to tell the prospective buyer of the 44 Ruger carbine to look just ahead of the loading port for cracks. Cracked stocks was about the only weakness/defect that an otherwise near perfectly designed Ruger carbine had/has.

Regards

cpt-t

Single-Sixer
KEVIN: Thanks for Your kind words and Your time that You took to answer me. Growing up and even to this day, I have always been drawn to Old Storytellers, like Moths to a flame. Like the ones you would find sitting on the park benches on the the Courthouse Squares so many years ago. Or the old Cowboys you would find behind the Livestock Sales Barns or Rodeo Grounds. Only problem is there doesn't seem to be that may Old Time Storytellers left. It was a highly respected talent once when I was young like a good songwriter and singer, and now I guess just another old west lost art from. A good Old Time Storyteller or Songwriter could make You see and feel what He was telling You or singing to You about. Not to many people are interested in that type of thing anymore.
ken

daveg.inkc

Hunter
You are right Ken. I used to follow my grandfather around when he went to town. Watching him and his buddies play pitch, dominoes, or whittle on sticks. I never grew tired of listening to him. He kept a 1892 Winchester, 25-20 above kitchen door.

cpt-t

Single-Sixer
daveg.inkc: I really enjoyed Your last post, and it sure brought back a lot of wonderful and very personal memories. For my Grandfather was one of the most important people in my life growing up. I truly idolized Him. He always had time for me, and He was a great storyteller and He was a for real Cowboy. And I always felt I was completely safe when I was with Him. He was one of the most Honorable and Truthful Men I have ever known. He had a Winchester 25-20 also, and I grew up shooting it. I loved my Grandfather with all my heart and I still do. He passed away in 1968 while I was in Viet Nam. Not a day goes by that I don`t think about my Grandfather and I still miss Him.
ken

rds95991

Bearcat
A couple years after they stopped production, I stopped at a Sportmart and saw one behind the glass. I asked the guy how much and he said $189.00 for the 10/22. I told him it wasn't a 10/22 but he kept insisting it was. I told him I'd buy it. No box, had to send off for the paperwork, but it's still sitting in my safe unfired.

Questions though. After the coming out of the new PC carbine, is the trigger group for the 44 carbine the same as the 10/22? Can't tell from the schematics and don't want to take mine apart.

rds95991

Bearcat
Regarding the previous, I was asking about the trigger group of the 44 carbine being the same as the 10/22.

Thank you.