Ruger #3 223 value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dfletcher

Blackhawk
ndcowboy said:
Thanks for the reply. I was pretty surprised it was so quiet in here on #3s.

Kind of goes in cycles around here. I have some No1s and they sometimes give me fits. My No3 on its best day doesn't outshoot them on their best day, but it always shoots well.

Gonfishn

Bearcat
Depending on your Nikon model, 3x9-40 on sale goes for about $140, since you've got the mounts that's a bonus as they're real hard to come by. Depending on the wood and overall percentage, I'd place it around $750 (+) as that's what they're going for on the various sites, when you can find one. I'd say you got a deal on that one.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
No. 3's seem to be becoming recognized as an expert's gun, a sort of specialized walking hunter that only a confident, experienced hunter carries into the field. In these days of cheap plastic spray-n-pray guns, a single-well-placed bullet has fallen from the front page for the majority of hunters.

If I were king at Ruger I'd have two limited-small run production No. 3 guns every year, in effective calibers, maybe in stainless, but never plastic...

I'd start with a 35 caliber (348 Winchester) and explore 7mm-08, the WSMs, and of course, the 480 Bill Ruger chambering.

Local seller has an EXC-condition 223 tagged at $499, which I would grab if I didn't have a perfect example already.

Rusty W

Single-Sixer
A couple years ago I purchased an Immaculate #3 in .223 from a forum member here in the classifieds. I paid $700 for the gun and am happy to have even found one for sale. I thought I was going to get to enjoy it along w/my #1 in 45/70 but the "boss" took it over cause she fell in love w/it after I got it sighted in. I still get to enjoy it but have to ask "permission" to shoot it now. I only have a couple of pictures of it that I took while experimenting w/some 70gr swaged bullets formed from 22 jackets.