63November

Single-Sixer
IMG_15352.JPG

A pair of Ss, a 9.3x74R and a 45-70

IMG_15441.JPG

#1-B Bee

JimC

Bearcat
I feel embarrassed. I have taken no pictures of my RSI in 7X57. Next to some of the above beauties, it is a slight bit rough. I must get some pics of it.

Gonfishn

Bearcat
JimC said:
I feel embarrassed. I have taken no pictures of my RSI in 7X57. Next to some of the above beauties, it is a slight bit rough. I must get some pics of it.

We're waiting. They don't have to look new, just show em, we can appreciate the character of everyone of them.

dakota1911

Buckeye
How about a Ruger No. 1 International in 30-06 next to an Interarms Mauser in 30-06 next to a Winchester 1895 also in 30-06?

Gonfishn

Bearcat
Beautiful rifles, great comparison pic for the three brands. Love the wood on the international, the burl sets it off. Keep em coming guys. By the way, I mentioned I bought another Ruger #3 in .223 (couldn't help myself) anyway I left it with open sights and we went sootin last weekend and to tell ya the truth, I forgot how nice it was to shoot with open sights. These little beauties are spot on.

Gonfishn

Bearcat
The wood's awesome on the top ones - absolutely beautiful, but I'm not taking anything away from the bottom ones either as they're nice as well. Love the barrel swivel rings.

9-3-15 OMG Couldn't wait to share. Just bought and its on the way another #1A NIB 7.62x39 for under $1K. I can't believe it folks, soon as it gets here I'll add a pic - it's not S/S, its blued, 302 made.

Gonfishn

Bearcat
Ok, got a few more here in the last few weeks that I can add to my previous postings.

I just need a couple more now to round out my collection, course we always find something else to add in the long run, uh?

Gonfishn

Bearcat
Those are some nice weapons there ilikearms, wood in couple are right up there with good grain. Single-Sixer, ya gotta get on the ball and get some more :)

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
I don't see any weapons; all I see is sporting firearms.

I suppose I should add that I haven't contributed to this thread because I don't consider my No. 1s (or any of my guns, for that matter), to be junk.

But then I also don't consider what's between my legs to be junk, and am continually amazed at why everyone is so quick to adopt ghetto talk for everyday conversation these days.

Stepping down from the soapbox. . . .

Chief 101

Hunter
gewehrfreund said:
I don't see any weapons; all I see is sporting firearms.

I suppose I should add that I haven't contributed to this thread because I don't consider my No. 1s (or any of my guns, for that matter), to be junk.

But then I also don't consider what's between my legs to be junk, and am continually amazed at why everyone is so quick to adopt ghetto talk for everyday conversation these days.

Stepping down from the soapbox. . . .
agree, but I did post a pic of my #1s because no matter what anybody else thinks they are my favorites and I love shooting them and showing them

jtm

Bearcat
Please pardon me for jumping in on your post as I am a new user. However I have been a guest and Ruger owner for years and your thread attracted my attention as I just bought a Ruger No 3 this weekend and believe it may have some historic value. It is a Ruger No 3 in 45-70 in 99% condition with a S# of 130-50023, which if I am reading Ruger's serial # list correctly means it was the 23rd one made. It has a couple of letters with it--one dated November 11, 1991 and signed by K.M. Pritula, Ruger's Custodian of Records stating it was shipped October of 1973. The second letter is dated April 7, 1990 stating that this letter is to verify that this rifle was part of my personal collection and is signed by Edward "Pete" Brown. There are also Newspaper clippings and a book titled "Guns and Hunting" by Pete Brown. What do I have? I bought it and paid a huge price for it simply because I love # 3s and let the only other one I have ever had get away from me several years ago and haven't been able to find one since. But I am now afraid to shoot this one due the possible historic, and maybe, monetary value. I really don't understand how to use this forum thing so if you would prefer to correspond with me directly please use the email address I have registered otherwise I will check back to this thread. Thank you