Rubber grips on 4-inch Redhawk ...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
Those grips on the 4" Redhawk are Hogue Bantams. Good to go on any Redhawk frame. I like them because they do not cover the serial #.
1September2009004.jpg

Knuckles

Buckeye
You will need the bantam grip-locater & the install-shim too!
They will fit any factory Redhawk.
They're very good grips... "rubber"... but very good!

Bud

A

Anonymous

I happen to have a 4" Redhawk in 45 LC, and the grips handle recoil well.

I shoot the 250 grain cast RNFP bullets at 1050 (chronographed) fps and while about 12 of them is enough without a break, still they are much to be preferred over the factory grips.

I have the Hogue one piece finger groove grips an the 44 Mg., Redhawk and they too handle recoil well 8)

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Mine wears Pachmayr "Presentation" grips, which are more standard looking and do not have finger grooves.

After putting this grip on my Redhawk the guy that traded it to me wants it back. :D

-- Sam

Knuckles

Buckeye
Yosemite Sam":ylk2k7v1 said:
Mine wears Pachmayr "Presentation" grips, which are more standard looking and do not have finger grooves.

After putting this grip on my Redhawk the guy that traded it to me wants it back. :D

-- Sam

Yeah'... I have heard good things about those too.

adk

Bearcat
Bear Paw -

Thanks. Are they the grips that come stock on the 4" Redhawk? They don't cover the backstrap, right? That's what I'm looking for. (I have all the other kinds.)

adk

Knuckles

Buckeye
adk":1n6o9hkz said:
Bear Paw -

Thanks. Are they the grips that come stock on the 4" Redhawk? They don't cover the backstrap, right? That's what I'm looking for. (I have all the other kinds.)

adk

Hogue "Bantam" grips... only for Redhawks... that's what comes "factory" on the 4" Redhawks.

vcvcv049.jpg

adk

Bearcat
Thanks Knuckles. That's what I'm looking for. Just like the picture you posted. I want the shorter reach to the trigger. (All the grips I have for my Redhawk cover the backstrap and extend the reach a bit too much.) I looked on Ruger's site and they don't have them for sale under "Grips".

I'll send PM to Bear Paw.

adk

doublebarrel_2

Bearcat
Yosemite Sam":130pdmcj said:

-- Sam

Mine was the Exactly the same story. Got the 4" 44mag, hate the grips. The finger grooves tried to put my little finger much more south than I wanted. Looked up and down the Internet, found that Pachmayr Presentation was pretty much the only rubber grips that didn't have finger grooves. It covers both the front and back straps, but doesn't feel much fatter that the Hogue(circumference wise). Now, all I wish would be cheaper ammo prices(I can't reload)...

adk

Bearcat
Well, I got hold of what I was looking for -- a pair of the Hogue Bantam grips Ruger puts on the new 4" Redhawk. Mine is an old Redhawk and the grips don't fit unless you change the round plastic part that keeps the grips located right. I'll get one from Ruger.

I took out that piece and slipped the grips over the grip frame. They fit me perfectly, finger grooves and all. And the shorter reach to the trigger lets me center the gun with my wrist and still have my first joint crease on the trigger -- which is the best pull for me. I've tried every other grip and none came close to these. All too big. And my hands are much bigger than most. I think Ruger did a great job on these grips.

But I understand how finger grooves don't fit a lot of hands. What I've always done for that problem is buy rough sandpaper and roll it up on a peg and sand away the rubber that's messing me up. adk

firescout

Bearcat
Hogue should try also producing many of their particular applications *without* finger grooves. I have tried Hogues on two revolvers, and even tried sanding down one (stopped when the nylon base started showing through). On all of my DA revolvers, I have *contoured* the grips somewhat, even on my early model GP-100. My DA revolver grip is a fairly *choked-up* one, with a very high hold and fingers tightly together. Finger groove grips and Tyler T-grip adapters don't work well for this...