Roy Clark - RIP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RIP Roy! At one point my mom was his insurance agent. He used to ride a 750 Norton and have it serviced at the same shop I hung around. If it had a string on it, he could play it. . .well.

CGDustDevil

Buckeye
Fox Mike said:
RIP Roy! At one point my mom was his insurance agent. He used to ride a 750 Norton and have it serviced at the same shop I hung around. If it had a string on it, he could play it. . .well.

Yes he could! He could fiddle, banjo, harp, acoustic, electric, tin cans with a string, you name it...

I never knew he rode a Commando... I love him even more hearin' that!!

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Roy was one of those guys who got praise everywhere he went, and I never heard a bad word about him. As for playing, well, I'm no expert on guitar pickers, but it seems there are very few who could even keep up with him. Rest in peace, Mr. Clark and your memory will be with us for a long, long time.

Rick C

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Pickin and Grinnin- Hee Haw . The man could play a banjo well. Something that I tried and found very difficult. He had my utmost respect.

contender

Ruger Guru
I grew up watching Hee Haw,, being amazed by his talent with many instruments,, and always enjoying his work.
But my favorite,,, of all time,,, is his fiddling,,, doing the Orange Blossom Special. I have always felt he did the best rendition of it. You could feel the "train" crawling up the mountain,, and then it seemed as if it got thrown down the mountain on the other side.

Thanks for the memories,, and RIP.