RIP Pete Malloy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tinman

Buckeye
Martin Milner dies at 83..........another Jack Webb protégé gone.............

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/adam-12-route-66-star-191100421.html

graygun

Hunter
Sad to know the '62 Corvette guy and cop is gone. He was also in a Twilight Zone episode. He enters at about the 8min,30 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMRgE6HsGB8

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Mr. Milner will always be Tod Stiles first to me... dunno if that's from getting to see a goodly part of The (real) Mother Road about the same time the show was on, and later on a buddy had a '60 Vette that helped prolong some of the memories. So with that, and thanks to Nelson Riddle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnfrWT0LLeA

RIP, old friend, however we remember you.

Rick C

pawncop

Blackhawk
I'm one of those he influenced. May God send angels to guide his soul. I fully realize he was an actor and not a cop, but I admire his portrayal of what a good cop is.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Pistolero said:
I was a young police officer in the 70s. Adam12 was my favorite TV show and "Pete Malloy was a role model. Careful, polite, well groomed and "professional, like a police officer should be. RIP.

You know, as a young firefighter in the early 70's, we used to watch Emergency. Good entertainment, and not much reality. We enjoyed tearing it apart. I imagine cops did the same to things like Dragnet and Adam 12. But to the uninitiated of that era it seem "real".

I tried to explain to a few folks that what I did and what you see on TV are two different things entirely. TV won, figures.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Jeepnik said:
You know, as a young firefighter in the early 70's, we used to watch Emergency. Good entertainment, and not much reality. We enjoyed tearing it apart.

Hi,

Jeepnik, two words describe all the reality on "Emergency" for me: not "John" and "Roy", but "Dixie McCall." I always figured anyone who said they watched the show for any other reason than to get their weekly Julie London "fix" would tell you they bought Playboy magazine to read the articles, too! My nurse friends at the time probably had as much fun with the rest of it as you firefighters did... :)

Rick C

graygun

Hunter
Yes...loved the Route 66 theme music. The 1960 Twilight Zone episode was misframed in translation. Vera Miles is in it,looking fine. :)

RugerHound

Hunter
TitanX said:
Don't forget Route 66.

RIP!

His first film may have been Life With Father with Dick Powell, and Liz Taylor.

Milner played the younger brother of the kid who played opposite Taylor. All three characters were teenagers in the film.

LifewithFather6.JPG

Milner is the kid in the middle sitting down.

Life with Father is one of my all time favorites. William Powell is (bar none) my favorite actor of all time. (Dick Powell was another actor entirely... One of my favorites also!) And yes, this was Milner's 1st film. Well worth the time to see it!

RIP Martin... A class act always.

Latest posts