RH question please.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Does the Ruger RedHawk 4.2" # 5026 have a square butt grip frame under that Hogue grip that it comes with. If so, that gun with a set of Elks would be a good looking setup.
I have several RH's and SRH's some have Hogue grips but those have the spud type grip frame.

My new RH .45Colt/ACP is out for delivery by the USPS today,just sitting here waiting for the phone to ring thinking about the next one.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Thanks, the picture of that gun on Rugers web site seems to show that ,but as you know sometimes they use photos that are not 100% correct. Advertising people are not nessisarily gun people and may not know anything about the product line.

I just obtained a huge 7x7 Elk rack to make grips out of and I think that the .44 mag 4.2" RedHawk is going to be my next "just gotta have" .

winchester348

Single-Sixer
Elk horn grips for a Redhawk Ay!. Make a couple of extra sets while your at it please. Them would look nice on my Redhawk too.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
That will be a winter project my friend. I wish I had an unlimited supply of Elk horn to play with but I am sure I will run out before my projects are done.

rich44

Bearcat
Should look something like this
moonclipped20redhawk20003_zpsqhn0dpjd.jpg

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
SWEET looking guns there guys. I prefer working with Moose horn to Elk. It is much more dense but harder to come by. It can be purchased on line but the cost is prohibitive. Much cheaper to just have them made of Elk by the guys who do it for a living.

rich44

Bearcat
Moose grips sound pretty good I haven't seen many I may have to look for a set, I like elk also and have some on a few single actions, I have another Redhawk with Elk bone grips that I like alot. I'm making a set kinda like the smooth Eagle wood grips right now out of some figured Carpathion Elm for my .454 Redhawk

Sambar Stag on 45 on top Elk on the 44 on the bottom

redhawkstags007_zpsa07393a3.jpg

rich44

Bearcat
Thanks but I didnt make these I have made some single action grips but this is my first shot at Redhawk grips

rich44

Bearcat
Thanks, they are factory 4" barrels the 44 mag has the pinned front sight and the 45 Colt has the regular Redhawk front sight