Redhawk Speed Loader

Help Support Ruger Forum:

firescout

Bearcat
Safariland makes a Comp I speedloader that works on the Redhawk. I long ago switched from HKS to Safariland speedloaders for all of my revolvers. The *push-in to release* operation of the Safariland seems to work better for me.

When I used the stock wood grips on my RH, I relieved the wood in the area forward and below from the inset medallion on the left grip panel to make for even more room.
I now use a set of Hogue Bantam rubber grips (with the finger groove ridges sanded down) on my RH.

Calthrop

Single-Sixer
Safariland will not work in the LCR from what I understand. Too bad. Wilderness Products makes a speed loader that accommodates the .45Colt from what I have read. They are made of metal and come in sets of four. k Calthrop

RKBA4CA

Single-Sixer
Neither HKS 29-M nor Safariland will work in RH with factory wood grips.
Either cut the grips, or install aftermarket grips. Packmayr Presentation works for me. However HKS 29-M performs very poorly, they are difficult to align the rounds with the chambers. I bought a few and now they are all for sale. Going to try Safariland JS5.
The issue with HKS 29-M is that distance between the center of the loader and center of the loader chambers does not equal that of the cylinder and the rounds try to load at an angle.