recommendation for LCR holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

billccm

Bearcat
Hello:

I have had my LCR for about a year, and carry it with a 'inside the pocket' holster.

I'm taking a class in Intermmediate Handgun, and they require a belt holster. I visited a few gun shops, but have not found a holster specifically for the LCR.

Holsters that 'look like they will work' seem to be either way too tight, or too loose.

Any recommendations?

Thanks, and have a nice day, Bill

Slanteyedshootist

Single-Sixer
Fobus makes a good outside the belt holster. Ruger sells it with the Ruger logo on their website. Adjustable tension, pancake style. If you want IWB, then Crossbreed is the way to go. Secure, comfortable, top quality.

SimplyRugged

Bearcat
Get a good purpose built holster for your LCR, Not close enough.
Look at my Silver Dollar Pancake or the Range Master (I think the Silver Dollar is the better choice expect for Range work) I hate to toot my own horn, but I make a quality , affordable product, made specifically for that model of gun.
I have a couple pancakes for LCr's ready to go.
Rob

Black Dog

Bearcat
I have one of Rob Leahy's Silver Dollar Pancake Simply Rugged holsters for my LCR. With the optional straps, it can be worn inside the belt or on the belt. It is a perfect fit. The workmanship is outstanding. The price is right. You will not be disappointed. Black Dog

ewayte

Bearcat
I have two Simply Rugged holsters, one for my N frame S&W, the other for my SP101. You simply can't go wrong with a Simply Rugged holster!

firstup

Bearcat
Simply Rugged is the way to go! I traded my LCR 38 for an LCR 357 and was pleased to find that the cylinders were the same length and didn't have to buy a new holster. I am a little dissapointed with Ruger. I registered my new LCR 357 and got a 20% discount and ordered a boot grip and speed loaders that the Ruger Store advertised as; "LCR/101" . The two loaders arrived a few minutes ago and they are the #36 speedloaders for S&W Chief Specials. I was lead by the advertising to think they were made specifically for the LCR/101. I had a drawer full of the #36 speedloaders.

SimplyRugged

Bearcat
I have found that Quick Strips (Tuff products) or speed strips (Bianchi) are a lot more handy for any of your Double Action reloading chores.

firstup

Bearcat
SimplyRugged":34vmyg1x said:
I have found that Quick Strips (Tuff products) or speed strips (Bianchi) are a lot more handy for any of your Double Action reloading chores.

Not when you're doing an H.R. 218 police qualification under time constraints. To keep my nationwide carry, I have to fire the Dept. course with a semi-auto and a revolver.

WANT A LCR 22LR

Bearcat
I use a " Double Tirple " brand Item # 15 Basic belt holster ambidextrous belt loop. ( fits 2" small frame revolver ) $ 9.88

It uses a velcro strap that I adjusted to keep the gun in but, does not need to be removed to take the gun out. Holster can be placed on either side and either direction. I use it on the left side with the butt facing forward. This allows me to draw if sitting in the drivers side of a car.