Received one of my grail guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My stainless steel low back 2 3/4" Security Six was delivered yesterday. I now need to find a 6" model to make that set complete. The 6" is going to be a lot harder to find from the research I've done. I will do the "Official" Ruger LOA for this but I'll also keep the Poulin Auction description with it.

IMG_0477.JPG

(That's a smudge mark between the u and e that I didn't get wiped off :eek:)
IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Very nice, Ron! It looks to be in higher condition than mine, which I have rated at 95% and without a box.

As for the missing link, here is what you seek!
GA36-151-26549.jpg

In my spreadsheet, I see that I still have it noted as 1 of 2 known. That needs to be updated to 1 of 3 now that another one surfaced a few months back.

Evidently, Ruger discovered a few incomplete stainless lowback frames and slapped 6" barrels on them and numbered them in the then-current sequence in 1974, a bit after shipping most stainless lowbacks which largely petered out prior to 151-1xxxx. I would reckon these few GA36 models shipped out without fanfare and even employees likely did not recognize them as rare, otherwise they would have been snagged by employees and appeared years later in their collections. The highback frame started appearing in blue only in the upper end of the 150 prefix, but stainless highbacks were not until the first half of the 151 prefix.

hittman

Staff member
You guys are killin me …… I'm still missing the 2.75 inch and 6 inch!
But serious congrats to those who've found them!