Rare Ruger Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mardog

Bearcat
Thanks to this thread I have found a lot of information about my Super Blackhawk. I have recently taken ownership of. My father passed away a few years ago and I asked my mother about the gun. I remember shooting it a a young kid, what an adrenaline rush!!! She gladly gave it me to keep.

Decided to do some homework and stumbled upon this thread started by Rock. Had no idea about the mistake with the 6 1/2 inch barrels. After reading all of the posts I felt obligated to fellow owners to add mine to the found list.

My serial number is 24381. The gun is in great shape and hasn't been shot in 30 some years. Probably not since that day when I was a young teenager.

Thanks for the great posts

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum Mardog!
So,,, you too have one of the elusive 6-1/2" Supers! Excellent! And it is fun to revive old posts like this. Do you have the box & papers?
Pics!

Mardog said:
Thanks to this thread I have found a lot of information about my Super Blackhawk. I have recently taken ownership of. My father passed away a few years ago and I asked my mother about the gun. I remember shooting it a a young kid, what an adrenaline rush!!! She gladly gave it me to keep.

Decided to do some homework and stumbled upon this thread started by Rock. Had no idea about the mistake with the 6 1/2 inch barrels. After reading all of the posts I felt obligated to fellow owners to add mine to the found list.

My serial number is 24381. The gun is in great shape and hasn't been shot in 30 some years. Probably not since that day when I was a young teenager.

Thanks for the great posts

Mardog
Welcome to the Forum, you not only have a rare Ruger revolver but a family treasure too.

Congratulations, sorry for the loss of your father.

Enjoy the revolver

Mardog

Bearcat
Contender,
I unfortunately do not have the box and papers. However, I am going to contact Ruger and get verification papers that it in fact shipped with 6 1/2 inch barrel.

I will post some pics after reviewing the tutorial...lol

Mardog

Bearcat
http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/Mardog34/media/IMG_0607_zpslpvayguv_1.jpg.html?o=0
http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/Mardog34/media/IMG_0604_zpswo6tv37o.jpg.html?o=2

Here are some pics I hope..

contender

Ruger Guru
NICE. It shows a little honest wear & use,,, but it's still one of those rare ones. it's a variation I don't have one of & I'd add one in a heartbeat if I could.