Rare Ruger Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Hey, I've got one also, got a decent deal on it, but not for $116; durn. just waited too long I guess. I never bought any of the good Rugers back when you could buy them over the counter and cheap; dummer'n a post back then.
HH

392479547.jpg

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I've got this friend.... Heard that one before?

Yeah, this buddy has a NIB, unfired, Ruger .357 Maximum, 7 1/2" bbl (I believe) in yellow box, in brown box, and is seeking a price. I told him I'd ask you guys. My old Red Eagle price list gives $760, but it's quite old.
I'd guess about $1500 NIB but I'd appreciate your info.
I see that there's one on GB now that is also NIB, so that may be a good auction to follow to see what happens over the next five days.

Thanks,
Sonnytoo

Doc44

Single-Sixer
RENE price guide of September 2011 lists the .357 Maximum at $765 (condition 98 percent to mint). Box and shipping cartion will add a little more. Since the revolver is NIB, I would think $950 would be a fair asking price.

Bill

flatgate

Hawkeye
Sonnytoo said:
NIB, unfired, Ruger .357 Maximum, 7 1/2" bbl (I believe) in yellow box, in brown box

Thanks,
Sonnytoo

The gun's exact serial number definitely has some influence on the value. Early guns will often command higher values.

JMHO,

flatgate

street

Hunter
My 6 1/2 in Super, which I have a letter, is 26076. Don't know if Chad has this one on his list or not.

chet15

Hawkeye
Oh yes Street, I've had yours noted for a long time.
With the three new sn's noted in this thread, I've got 85 on the list now. Not bad out of 600 made (a little over 14% of total production, and about right as far as percentages known of other rarities).
Chet15

flatgate

Hawkeye
HDPickup said:
New here and I have been trying to post pictures. If anyone can give me a lesson I will post pictures of my 6 1/2"

There's a tutorial in Ruger Forum's Gallery section. In a nutshell you need to store the pics on a "host". www.photobucket is one I've used. The "host" assigns an "address" to each stored image. To post the image here on Ruger Forum one uses "forum code" to link this forum to the stored image.

The tutorial explains it all. One hint, learn how to "shrink" the images so they don't take up huge amounts of Memory which also increases the time required to "down load" the image to your computer.

flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
flatgate said:
Hmm, just how many "S-46" Supers are tucked away by folks that have no idea.......? :D

flatgate

That's the beauty of Ruger collecting as it is always a tresure hunt!! Only 15 to 20% at most of the rarest models have ever been located!!
For the RSSE its a little higher, but heck, around 50% of those are still waiting to be found too!!
Chet15

radicalrod

Hunter
I think I had 2 or 3 on Johns list :lol: :lol: :lol: I like to share...RR.

Or maybe that was the 7 1/2 inch Flat tops.....I know he likes them both....

NitroAcres

Single-Sixer
Reviving an old thread:
I just picked up two of these today...they have lived a hard life...not near as pretty as the ones shown, probably not worth half as much but they will be shot and loved no less.

Latest posts