Range trip today -or- secrets revealed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I made it to the range today. All week long the weather said 100% change of rain today. And technically it did, but just not for very long. So the dirt road into the range was still driveable. But I digress.

I got my 45 Colt out for the second time today, the first time with the new Elk Stag grips from Grashorn. What a difference those made. The ill fitting factory grips actually pinched my hands when shooting the first time. Grashorn's grips felt good and let the gun roll back with the recoil.

But what a secret I've missed out on! How great is the 45LC? Just wow! I had a 1911 and was never thrilled with it. I think that's why I stayed away from the 45LC. I had no idea it is so completely different from 45ACP. I got some rounds loaded up with unique. I think around 8.3 to 8.5 is the sweet spot. Any more and the trigger guard was knocking back into my middle finger. But at 8.3 the round had the accuracy and just enough gusto to feel good.

So I see the light! But really, y'all should have let me in on this secret back when I first became a rugerforum member in 2007. Maybe make it mandatory, any new members must get themselves a 45LC. :D

Jim Puke

Hunter
If I had known that you would love it so much, I would have sold you mine...but, sorry, they are all gone, 'cept one that I will keep just to say that I have one.

Thanks Jim, but one reason I bought this 45 LC Blackhawk is because I wanted to make sure I like the caliber. Next year I have plans to have a 30 carbine converted to 45LC. Before I paid for that, I thought this stainless Blackhawk would be an affordable "experiment"

DGW1949

Hunter
RE: "So I see the light! But really, y'all should have let me in on this secret back when I first became a rugerforum member in 2007. Maybe make it mandatory, any new members must get themselves a 45LC. :D".

Well Kevin, I tried....I really did, and more than once. :lol: .
Problem is though, anything I've had to say during the past few years relative to the beauty of sticking to SAAMI-spec 45LC loads has usually got lost in the ensuing yackity-yack about tier 2 this, tier 3 that, brown bears, 300 grain romper-stompers, quotes from Pierce or Keith, dazzling Foot-Pounds numbers, Buffalo Bore, "how hot can I load this thing?", and/or "my .45 can outrun your .44 Mag". :roll: .

But hey, I'm glad that you caught on anyway. :wink: .

DGW