Quotable quotes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearBiologist

Hunter
""We took risks, we knew we took them; things have come out against us, and therefore we have no cause for complaint, but bow to the will of Providence, determined still to do our best to the last.......Had we lived, I should have had a tale to tell of the hardihood, endurance and courage of my companions which would have stirred the heart of every Englishman. These rough notes and our dead bodies must tell the tale."............Robert F. Scott, Diary found at the "Death Camp", Antarctica, 1912

"'Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit' – 'What Virtue Has Joined Together Death Shall Not Separate"..... Masonic saying

44Squatch

Single-Sixer
IMG_6267.jpeg

contender

Ruger Guru
Here's one I've shared often,, and had appreciated. My Dad used to say the first part,, and I added to it later on.

"An education is something nobody can ever steal from you" (Dad) "But it's a crime if you don't share it!" (me.)

Some years back I took a job managing an office. Part of the job was a weekly bulletin. At the end of each week I inserted a "Thought for today" type of quotable quote. I did this each week for 12 years and never repeated the quote. This could turn into a very long post

I recently read a Trump supporter's opinion piece critical of DeSantis' decisions to enter, and to continue to compete in the Republican 2024 presidential race. The author, however, forgot to address the elephant in the room - Trump's legal problems. Who could have confidently predicted - 9 months ago when DeSantis threw his hat in the ring - that Leftist lawfare would NOT prevent Trump from running for President? Who can, with certainty, predict that today?

In my opinion DeSantis, all along, intended/intends to be the Plan B candidate in the event Leftists' lawfare takes down Trump. We are fools to NOT have an acceptable alternative candidate waiting in the wings. In my view, Nikki is NOT that acceptable alternative - I'd take Vivek over her despite the likelihood he could actually be a Manchurian Candidate. This leads me to conclude that DeSantis needs to be the second-place finisher in enough primaries to ensure Haley doesn't become, by default, the "in case of fire break glass" Plan B.

Here were the opinion author's other key observations (with which I agree): (1) DeSantis IS a MAGA conservative. (2) DeSantis has prior federal government experience (as a congressman). (3) DeSantis has military experience, including making tough decisions (in the Sandbox). And (4), DeSantis has demonstrated the ability to captain a fairly big ship (Florida). Which other Republican candidates check all of those boxes?

Unfortunately, DeSantis has been caught in that worst-of-all positions: believing, from the start, he was running as the Plan B alternative even though he knew that doing so would (now will) make him unpopular IF Plan A (Trump) succeeds.

This primary season is that rare occasion when rank-choice voting might actually be good. Trump - 1. DeSantis - 2. Vivek - 3. Haley - never.

DeSantis is clearly "taking one for the team." Rarely do such folks get credit for their actions until well after the fact.

As Leroy Jethro Gibbs was fond of saying, "Always have a Plan B."

I can't even think about this one without hearing my Dad say it, and then watch that little grin of his pop up.
" I'll knock your *ss in the head with a rock!"
He always said it in a joking manner, and it never failed to make me laugh.
I think more people need to be told this each day. It will either make them laugh, or make them think. We need more of both from a lot
of those folks!