Questions on value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Kensterfly

Bearcat
I have two Rugers that I may want to sell. They were my Father-in-law's and now mine.

1. Single Six. Near perfect condition. Rarely fired. Not a scratch on the stocks or metal.

2. Blackhawk. Almost a twin to the Single Six. I've never fired this gun and I don't think my father-in-law ever did in the twenty years he owned it though it does not look in 'unfired' condition. Perfect stocks and frame.

Have owners manuals for both but no boxes.

I'm buying a Smith Model 10 snub from collector Thursday (day after Christmas) and he may be interested in the two Rugers. Would like a ball park $$$ figure for asking price.

Thanks!

Ken

hittman

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Ken.

You'll need to post pics or post a much more detailed description of each gun. As is, you've got it narrowed down to (literally) about a hundred possibilities with all the different variations Ruger has made.

New Model, Old Model, blued, stainless, caliber, barrel length, boxes, paperwork, etc.

And, prices can vary greatly even from one region to another.

Search GunBroker or other auction sites for listings of guns that have recently SOLD .... not just guns with asking prices that got no bids.

Kensterfly

Bearcat
hittman said:
Welcome to the forum Ken.

You'll need to post pics or post a much more detailed description of each gun. As is, you've got it narrowed down to (literally) about a hundred possibilities with all the different variations Ruger has made.

New Model, Old Model, blued, stainless, caliber, barrel length, boxes, paperwork, etc.

And, prices can vary greatly even from one region to another.

Search GunBroker or other auction sites for listings of guns that have recently SOLD .... not just guns with asking prices that got no bids.

Okay, I'll try again.

1. Ruger New Model Single Six .22. 4" barrel. Perfect Stocks. Frame in Excellent condtion. Blue very close to 100%. I'm guessing fewer than 10 boxes of shells fired from this gun.

[url=http://s130.photobucket.com/us...s/p266/Kensterfly/guns4_zps03051938.jpg[/img]
[/url]

[url=http://s130.photobucket.com/us...s/p266/Kensterfly/guns3_zpsae0ca613.jpg[/img][/url]

2. Ruger New Model Blackhawk .357. 6.5" barrel. Perfect Stocks. Frame in Excellent condition. Blue right at 100%. My father in law got both these guns in the early 1990s and I never knew him to fire either one. I don't know the history of the guns before he got them. Have owners' manuals for both but no boxes.

[URL=http://s130.photobucket.com/us...-41e8-862d-04ca8fdcdfc1_zps05023ed6.jpg[/img][/url]

[URL=http://s130.photobucket.com/us...-4c8f-a10d-cae097d4e872_zps0f200f48.jpg[/img][/url]

Thanks again.

Ken

gmartinnc

Blackhawk
The 22 looks like it may be a 4 5/8" barrel. Is that correct? There is a good chance it came with a magnum cylinder. If you can find it, that would help the value.

Kensterfly

Bearcat
gmartinnc said:
The 22 looks like it may be a 4 5/8" barrel. Is that correct? There is a good chance it came with a magnum cylinder. If you can find it, that would help the value.

Yes, i forgot to mention that the .22 is a convertible and I have both cylinders. It IS 4 5/8 barrel.

The .357 Blackhawk has a 6.5 inch barrel.

gmartinnc

Blackhawk
Personally, I would be reluctant to part with either of them considering how you got them, but that's just the way I am.
As hittman said, you can look at the completed auctions on Gunbroker.
I would guess somewhere in the $325-$350 range on the Single Six and perhaps $20-$40 more on the Blackhawk. To me, the 22 is the more desirable gun, but either one should sell easily.

pawncop

Blackhawk
Count me in the "I would not sell either" column. During my younger foolish days I sold traded so many I wish I had back.

It certainly is your choice, but if you can get the Smith without having to sell either I would sure do that.