Question on LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bruiser

Single-Sixer
I'm thinking of getting the LCP for pocket carry, but when I held one, my entire pinky was off the gun. Does the 7 round magazine help fix that? Even if it wasn't fully on, any contact would make me feel more comfortable.

Thanks.

Petie

Bearcat
On my LCP, I use the included finger extension but yes my pinky is not involved. Can't remember the brand but I purchased a pair of extended longer pieces for the magazines but they were too short for me to add another finger. My hands are not big either. Also it really made a pocket draw harder. Think the only way to get a full hand grip is to use a larger gun and give up the pocket gun idea - at least with jeans and such.

Petie

Bearcat
Oh and the 7 round magazine is the same length as the stock 6 round - just some internal modifications to allow the extra round. I have 2 of them.

Petie

Bearcat
Yea that is the one I purchased. Works great for people with large fingers to get their third finger on but for me it did not allow using my pinky at all and my fingers are not big. I have a set of those if anyone wants to try them as I have no need.

My pinky doesn't do anything...........but after getting used to it, it's really not a big deal.

It's a pocket carry gun, smaller is better.

Steve

gunjunkie

Bearcat
It doesn't bother me a bit. Little finger under the grip just like on a single action. I never saw any sense in buying a small pistol that will conceal easy, then adding grip extensions to make it larger.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
The factory 7 round gives about 1/4 inch more length than the 6 round mag with the pinky extension, and is just enough for me to get three fingers on grip. it is not enough longer to have any effect on CC though, and is a nice addition that has performed flawlessly so far for me.

TXRuger

Bearcat
I agree with cjs1945. The Pearce grip extension adds only about 5/8" to the length of the 6rd mag, just enough for my 3 fingers and it's never interfered with the concealment of my TCP (*). On the other hand, it has helped my accuracy remarkably because I could have better grip.

Edit: (*) and LCP. I have both and they're about the same size.

Bruiser

Single-Sixer
I barely got my two fingers on the LCP. So I bought an LC9. :D This way I can use 1 caliber for 3 of my 5 handguns (SR9, SR9c, and now LC9).

norm

Bearcat
I have a LCP with a Hogue grip. With the optional Ruger base plate I get two fingers around it. Because it's so small, I put the LCP in my front pants pocket. Like my credit card, I don't leave home without it.

George

Blackhawk
Bruiser said:
Thanks for the replies. However, the boss shot down the idea, so no LCP for me.

Grow a pair!! Buy the darn thing! Then help her understand why you did..Oh and hide the ViceGrips first!! I'm lucky my wife encourages me to get a new gun if that's what I want! Maybe you can talk her into a self defense class or something.. This may help her deal with gun carry. Just make sure to check out the type of class first that may lead her into guns slowly..George