Question about Brownells prices.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I started using Brownells in 1989 when I first got my FFL. Good prices, HUGE inventory, in fact Brownells was the place I bought a PPC barrel/4 position sight rib and other parts for building a GP100 PPC gun (dang I wish I had not sold that gun when I got shipped to Egypt for a year). Through the years THEY WERE the place to go for parts and gunsmithing tools. Now, I am pained to say, they are not the top of the heap any more.

I've used Brownell's for years without issues at all. The last time probably close to a year ago again no problems. Sorry to hear the bad but hopefully it was just a couple anomalies. Come on Brownell's, get back to being a Class A company for American shooters
As a gunsmith, I order supplies, tools and parts almost monthly from Brownell's. I mostly quit ordering from Midway USA because of material price and shipping charges. I pay Brownell's $50 at the beginning of the year to get two day shipping all year long with no extra charges. For me it pays off. I write the $50 as a business expense on my taxes. Only time I resort to Midway is if the need is immediate, typically Brownell's restocks within 4-6 weeks.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Brownell's catalogs are good for doing bullet penetration tests. Soak em in a bucket of water. Stack about 10 back to back and BANG BANG BANG. Brownell's catalogs are fun to look thru like old Sears catalogs, but no bra ads.

CHEVYINLINE6.

FragTX

Bearcat
I've usually not paid for actual shipping due to having their Edge membership, but I concur that the prices have gone way up or items that you need are always out of stock. Not talking about high demand items either. Just parts available most anywhere else.
They do have that shipping insurance add-on now. But it's always been possible to deselect it if I wanted to.

I did get a nice price on a couple of pounds of LeverEvolution powder recently, and there happened to be a 'no Hazmat fee' promotion. Combined with the free shipping due to Edge, that was actually pretty worthwhile.