PURPLE, GREEN, YELLOW & PINK

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Went for a little 4 wheeler safari yesterday with Callshot, the mountains are beautiful, lots of green grass & beautiful mountain flowers. The waterholes are full & all the little springs are running a full stream of water.
Its ought to be a heck of a year for fat deer, elk & bears, the huckleberry bushes & the chokecherry bushes are heavy & except for 212,000 skeeters it was a fun ride. We leveled out at about 7,000 ft & about 75 degrees but once you got in the shade it was cool!
Not sure what some of these flowers are, Callshot is the flower child :lol: .

100_2978.jpg

100_2979.jpg

He said these were Forget Me Nots, I thought they were sunflowers.

100_2977.jpg

Beautiful view of the valley floor right before sundown.

100_2971.jpg

Everytime I tried to take a photo old Callshot got in the way. This is a favorite watering hole for my boys in september, we've taken, deer, elk & lion on this waterhole. He's wearing a flattop 44 special & his Barranti crossdraw.

100_2963.jpg

100_2962.jpg

This is a great canyon for moose, they love this spot.

Dick

mb111263

Single-Sixer
Great pics, Dick! That's a pretty big picnic basket Steve is guarding on the back of his 4 wheeler...he must have heard your stomach rumbling!

Fowler

Single-Sixer
Its amazing what our dry climate does with a little water. It been so wet around here the last two weeks I streams in my drive way I am thinking of fishing!

I have to ask how the sunflower seed eating goes on those 4 wheelers?

callshot

Blackhawk
Great ride. First one this year for me. Great company. The (lunch box) is a tote for extra cartridges, a jacket, some candy bars, some water and a sack of sunflower seeds, extra gloves in case the mosquitoes chew through the pair you are wearing. I also carry a small saw to cut some walking sticks for nice people from PA. (Mike) :wink: I have balanced a half of a bull moose on that lunch box twice. Front half and rear half. The real purpose is to bring the huckleberries back home in it. :D It is like a ladies purse. When I leave home there is no need to lock the house, because I have everything with me! 8) Bill, if you fish in your driveway you will need to move to Utah. :? Dick forgot to mention the fresh air with the aroma therapy from all the blossoms. We rode for miles and never saw another person. My kind of ride to be alone without any distractions. Just go where you want, do what you want to and no time table except be home to mommy by dark. :lol: Steve

sixshot

Buckeye
This is the canyon that has lots of moose around.

100_2973.jpg

More flowers.

100_2960.jpg

100_2964.jpg

Another water hole, this one gets hit pretty hard by mountain maggots (sheep)

100_2967.jpg

Anyone ever wonder why Callshot has that big grin on his face when I take it photo.

100_2968.jpg

Dick

Sheriff

Single-Sixer
Great looking country, gents! Right now I'd put up with the 'skeeters' for a little of your rain!

Zach Monroe

Bearcat
Great Pictures. That is some pretty country for sure. We went scouting for Huckleberries over the holiday weekend and found where there is going to be quite a few. I even found a blue one! It's too early for them to be ripe though this one must have been an early bloomer.

Zach

as usual Dick, beautiful pics and envious stories!!! We are were very green and plenty a watering holes here in NW Ohio, but that has all changed, NO WATER holes now and if we don't get some rain quick the only water is gona come from a well!! Man we dried out, I think we've had less than 1/2" of rain in over 2 weeks a month ago we were over normal and Monday we wil be over 4" below normal! Oh well you enjoy men and stay outa trouble and keep them comin!!

Latest posts