Pre-Order Now: Free-to 1st Ruger MK Series-Compatibility

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TomV

Bearcat
Original free prototype for testing offer ended, but PRE-ORDERS now welcome. Compatible with MK III & MK II. Slight fitting needed for MK I. See below post on 10/1/1016:

Original free prototype offer:
"I have patented a small steel part for the Ruger Mk, 22LR, series pistols, that ENSURES easy removal and reinstallation of the hammer mainspring assembly from the pistol. It ensures that the hammer strut can never get caught under the Sear Spring Stop Pin. After initial installation, reinstallation of the pistol's bolt and hammer mainspring assembly takes less than a minute, and is always correct!
The HSS installs simply and easily beneath the removed mainspring assembly, in about two minutes. It takes longer to remove the pistol's plastic or wood grip panels than it does to install the HSS. It can be installed by almost anybody, requiring no special tools, and is simply retained by the Sear Spring Stop Pin. This new patented item, Hammer Strut Support (or HSS), will be offered for sale soon, on my website which is available for viewing now, but still under construction on some pages:
HammerStrutSupport.com
I am offering a free HSS to the first Mk II and first Mk I owners that would like to install a HSS into their pistol, and let me know how it fits. I have been using the HSS in my Mk III pistol for several months, with no problems. I will send you one precision machined steel (coated for corrosion) prototype (I only have a few), exactly like I am using in my pistol, if you reply back to me with your thoughts on it. After I receive the real production items in a few weeks, I will send you one of those items free also.
If you are interested, PM me."

PRE-ORDER: go to HammerStrutSupport.com
$10 per item, with free shipping, until 21 October. Product availability expected by Oct 31st. First come, first serve, on first batch of items.

TomV

Bearcat
Dan in MI said:
I would love to test this for you. I am in process of building a couple MK series and trigger jobs require a lot if assembly/disassembly.

Dan,

You are the 2nd to reply. Please tell me if you are planning to use it in a Mk II or a Mk I pistol. Thanks, Tom

TomV

Bearcat
Thank you all. I have now several offers to help, and no more prototype HSS items available to ship out. I will let you know if these HSS items fit and work well in the Mk II and Mk I models, but I think they will. Thanks again for your interest. For those of you that have not seen it yet, my website shows the HSS items before and after installation and explains how it works. I have yet to make and post a video, but that will be coming soon. Thanks again. --Tom,

TomV

Bearcat
daveg.inkc said:
I have 2 of the MarkII's. Anymore left? How much are they? I'd give this a try.

Blackhawk:
Sorry, I don't have anymore prototypes available to give out for testing. However, I can now take pre-orders for the production items. As a pre-order only, I am offering a reduced price of $10 per item and free shipping until 21 October, on a first come, first serve basis, on the first batch of items. Product availability is expected by Oct 31st, but not guaranteed. --Thanks, Tom

TO PRE-ORDER: go to HammerStrutSupport.com

Dan in MI

Staff member
These are really cool and easy to install.

It doesn't stop you from having to point the bbl up or down as required, but the hammer strut does not, and cannot, get wedged under the pin like it occasionally does. It removes the one thing that can go wrong even when you know how to put your MK series back together.

TomV

Bearcat
Dan,
Thanks for testing the Hammer Strut Support in your Ruger MK I. I appreciate it. Enjoy. --Tom

TomV

Bearcat
Note to readers 10/1/2016, 9am; Product Compatibility:

HSS confirmed in MK III and MK II series pistols with no modifications needed.

MK I pistols may need HSS cross-slot deepened 10 to 15 thousands of an inch. This can be done with a small file, dermal, etc. These MK I frames have been tested, with HSS working when modified:
Mk-I/Standard frame - A54
MK-I/ Standard frame - A100

Will investigate later for 22/45 versions, but current dimensions of HSS not expected to be compatible.

Currently awaiting first batch of production items, and will sell on a first come-first serve basis: HammerStrutSupport.com

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
Tom-

22/45's do not use crosspins for sear springs. All 22/45 model pistols have a sear return spring that is a closed loop that sits in a pocket within the left side of the frame. The hammer strut cannot get hung-up on the 22/45 model like the regular metal framed pistols do with their crosspins.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye

TomV

Bearcat
Bullseye,

Thanks. I did not have access to a 22/45 model. You input is a real help.
Thanks again,
--Tom

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
Tom-

You can see some of the differences by going to my Web help pages on the various models. http://guntalk-online.com/service.html

Each thumbnail picture is actually an expandable link to enlarge the photos.

Hope this helps,

Bullseye

TomV

Bearcat
Bullseye,
Thanks. You got a lot of info there. I will look at it all closely. Thanks, --Tom