Please delete post

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
VERY SAD.... BUT TRUE

Hopefully that doesn't happen to our relatively new brother Trailduster. If it DOES...whoever is the !@#$%, YOU should be ashamed of yourself.

J.
I hope to hear that he went back and snagged that if he wants it

Every gun forum has lots of "lurkers ", you never know who's viewing these posts

I posted on the Blackpowder forum about a musket I saw at an antique shop and I had like 5 people with little to no posting history PMing me asking me for the contract info of the shop. I'm like no I'm not doing your legwork for you

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
Having been around THIS ruger forum for a long time,, I do not recall that ever happening here. (At least I can't recall it happening,, or if it did,, it wasn't reported.)
I have had members here find something, think of another member, and pass along the info on where to find it or how to get it.

Heck, just Saturday,, a member here, texted me about a box for an OM at a flea market. he bought it for me, and brought it to me yesterday.

My point,, I think most members here are actually pretty good about being respectful to other members.

Now,, let's hope,, since this is Monday morning,, Trailduster is able to go & get this gun!
It was the other Ruger Forum , going back a few years, there was a big shakeup in the past and I actually was banned and years later mysteriously unbanned, I don't even know. If you went against the "clique" you got banned

I recall a member being like, he saw a rarer 1911A1 at a gun shop, like a Singer or something and he probably had a location on his little info area like "NE Wisconsin " or some such. So some bottom feeder apparently called every gun shop in that state asking if they had a Singer 1911A1 and when he found the shop he wired the money, or used a CC, whatever and had FFL info ready and purchased it.

The story stuck with me because the member actually got there the day after the shop owner shipped it out and the owner was all like "welp ya snooze ya lose, today ya lost , don't tip your hand next time " and it was like a life lesson, that sometimes we meet the enemy, and he is Us. Keep your cards close to the vest if you see a good deal at a gun shop

Not due to underhandedness but I learned a few years back, I saw a neat 30-06 Haitian Mauser at one of my little gun shop haunts, the next day I decided I wanted it and arrived as some guy was filling out the paperwork for it

Shortly after that, I was at a Gander Mt and a guy was looking at an older S&W 60 that was priced super low, I forget probably about $200. The rule is, the first "I'll take it" takes it, so old boy hands it back to the clerk and says he's going to pick his wife up at Micheals and before he took 1 step here's me "I'll take that "

If I see stuff and I have money, I jump now. I just put the deposit down on a Davidson's 9mm SP101 because the quantity went from 26 to 5 pretty much overnight so I jumped.