Please come to my rescue!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2old2know

Bearcat
I am in need of a 10 round magazine for my P89 9mm. I really want an old style mag without the plastic bottom. Can any of you guys help me out?
Yes, I have seen some on ebay, at 60.00 each, I think that's just crazy. I'm old, but I'm not crazy.

roylt

Hunter
Hi and welcome. You need to post this in the classifieds.

Ruger never made a 10rd mag without a plastic foot.

You can get a plastic foot mag in stainless or in blue.

Ruger has all 3 types in stock. http://shopruger.com/Magazines/products/84/2/0

Here is a couple from Gunbroker too.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=364148252
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=365060461

Good luck and keep those P-guns alive!!

carbonyl

Single-Sixer
I bought a 17 round MecGar magazine for my P95 and it has a steel butt- plate.
The description of the 15 round for the 89 says it's steel but not sure about the one limited to 10. Anyway MecGar makes great mags and they're a decent price.
http://www.mec-gar.com/Magazines/Ruger

carbonyl

Single-Sixer
Sorry about my post and link. After looking it seems like almost all the magazines for most makes of pistols are N/A. ?????

2old2know

Bearcat
Livin in New York, with the new gun rules stating I can only have and carry only 7 rounds in my guns SUCK. At my old age, I thought I had saw my share of stupid stuff.... but I guess not lol. Anyhoo... finding a 10 round mag that works has been tough. In NY, you can still own the 10 rd. mag., but you can only put 7 bullets in it, yup, I kid you not. I did get a new mag. from Ruger, a stainless, with the black plastic buttom, mut it wouldn't work. So, I called Ruger, and they gave my money back. The steel mags, 15 rounders work fine. "I was told that MecGar makes Ruger's mags as well as many of the other Pistol Companys".

montegomx70

Single-Sixer
2old2know said:
Livin in New York, with the new gun rules stating I can only have and carry only 7 rounds in my guns SUCK. At my old age, I thought I had saw my share of stupid stuff.... but I guess not lol. Anyhoo... finding a 10 round mag that works has been tough. In NY, you can still own the 10 rd. mag., but you can only put 7 bullets in it, yup, I kid you not. I did get a new mag. from Ruger, a stainless, with the black plastic buttom, mut it wouldn't work. So, I called Ruger, and they gave my money back. The steel mags, 15 rounders work fine. "I was told that MecGar makes Ruger's mags as well as many of the other Pistol Companys".

the incredible stupidity of elected officials never stops amazing me. the 7 round count and gun free zone signs will solve the problem.

roylt

Hunter
2old2know said:

Why didn't it work? I use them in my P-guns just fine. All models, including the 89. Is your gun real old? You may need an older model mag but Ruger could have told you that. I forget right now but if you follow the link I posted before it should show you the serial number break down for which mag you need.

Good luck,

2old2know

Bearcat
I have / had 3 P's...one P85 with the factory update (alum. frame) one P89 (alum. and stainless) and one P95. I sold the P85 & P95.
So, I still have the P89, and that is the one that I need the 10rd mag for. I did buy one from Ruger, gave them my ser. number and they sent me a new stainless one. It did fit and lock up but it was so tight I had all I could do to get it out. This was with an empty max. When I loaded it, it was a bear to even get it in. I called Ruger, they said to send it back to them and said I may want to find an older mag.
I had a blue steel 10rd mag for my P85 and that worked great in my P89.
Sooooo, maybe I got a bad mag from Ruger? But before I try another one, I want to look and see if I can find an older one first.
Or.........I sell it to you lol.

smith1961

Blackhawk
2old2know said:
Livin in New York, with the new gun rules stating I can only have and carry only 7 rounds in my guns SUCK. At my old age, I thought I had saw my share of stupid stuff.... but I guess not lol. Anyhoo... finding a 10 round mag that works has been tough. In NY, you can still own the 10 rd. mag., but you can only put 7 bullets in it, yup, I kid you not.

How absolutely foolish. I thought I had it bad living in Mass! :shock:

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
Ive heard that Ruger has had some problems with Quality control on their new mags due to the volume that they are cranking them out at today. All my 10 round mags. are factory Rugers from a few years ago and work fine.I once tried an aftermarket (National?)and it was junk....did not fit well, threw it out it was that bad! I have read that Mec Gar makes an excellent magazine. try them if you can find them

Al James

Hunter
SN#304-70000 is the cutoff for pistols which use the P15 9mm mag. Everything afterwards uses the P18. Both are available in 10 round capacity as well.

groberts

Single-Sixer
2old2know said:
I believe that you can KEEP 10 round magazines but you can't buy new ones. You may want to check that out. And remember, "big brother" is watching these newsgroups.

Latest posts