Help Support Ruger Forum:

EricandSuebee

Single-Sixer
Here are 2 pics of my Bersa Thunder.

001.jpg

002.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
They shoot GREAT. They're a really nice little carry gun, still a little too big and too heavy for me, but they shoot really well, and are extremely reliable.

Good luck with it.

You used to be able to get them brand new for about $200 where I live. Now I thing they're about $270.

REV

ruger_fan

Bearcat
The Bersa Thunder .380 is what I sold to help fund the purchase of my SR9c. It shot well, just not a good fit for me.

My only problem with it was getting ammo, even here in Big D.

When I went to purchase the SR9c, Academy had a sign that said they were out of .380 ammo. BUT....that same sign also said if you were buying a .380 pistol, they would sell you ONE box of ammo for it. :roll:

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
Bought one for my daughter last year. She carries it regularly and loves it. They're a good liitle gun for the price.

ruger_fan

Bearcat
Yours is definitely purtier than the one I sold. It was a blued version.

I may've kept a stainless model to pass on to the kids (once they were old enough of course).

Enjoy it! Post up some targets for the match (I'm hoping to get to the range in a day or two)!!!

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
With out hesitation, the Bersa .380 is my all time favorite carry piece. Slim, light weight, and in .380 ACP. is all the caliber anyone really needs. In fact I'd feel the same way if I can find one chambered in .22 LR. I think the Bersa is actually a better gun than the PPK Walther ever was. And for the price I just might buy two of them! :wink:

EricandSuebee

Single-Sixer
Anthony Williams":31gnomxn said:
With out hesitation, the Bersa .380 is my all time favorite carry piece. Slim, light weight, and in .380 ACP. is all the caliber anyone really needs. In fact I'd feel the same way if I can find one chambered in .22 LR. I think the Bersa is actually a better gun than the PPK Walther ever was. And for the price I just might buy two of them! :wink:

Couldn't agree with you more, in fact I'm also looking for a .32acp version as well. I love my Bersa it just feels so lively in the hand and the point of aim is dead on.

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
EricandSuebee":312d5txr said:
Yosemite Sam":312d5txr said:
Nice! I've often wondered how these little guys shoot. It's a blowback design, right?

-- Sam

Yes that is correct, its design is very much like a Walther PPK/S

I've read in several articles about how the PPK/S was difficult for women to shoot due to the strength needed to rack the slide. Wondering if this was old wives tales, and if not, how does the Bersa compare with PPK/S.

My wife likes the looks of the Bersa when I showed her the pic.

EricandSuebee

Single-Sixer
The PPK/S does indeed have a very stiff slide to rack back, the Bersa no where near as close to the kind of force you need to rack it back. But never know until you go down and try for yourself.